PDA

View Full Version : select object??

bradymac
04-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone-

I just started using Lightwave (today), and can't figure out how to select a whole object. I can select individual polygons, edges, and points, but there is no tool I can find that lets you select the whole object. How do you do this?

I know the answer to my question is probably staring me in the face, but after browsing the forums and reading the documentation, I still have no idea. Any help is very much appreciated. :)

bloontz
04-28-2007, 12:31 PM
If no object is selected than the whole object is treated as selected. Or you can select a part of the object and hit the ] key to select connected geometry.

hrgiger
04-28-2007, 12:59 PM
You have to understand that in Lightwave, there is no "object" selection mode. You basically have to select the sum of all parts. It's not like in some other applicatons where you click on an object to select it and move it about.

bradymac
04-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. Now, how do I open the object properties window?

bradymac
04-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Nevermind, I got it figured out. :)

Surrealist.
04-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Also don't forget about the little trick of using the dragnet tool ( ; ) on the keyboard and setting the fall off to something huge in proportion to any object size in that layer. (press n for numeric panel to do this) This allows you to drag from any vertice and move the entire object geometry that is connected.

There is also a free move plugin called "on move" that allows you to select an object I believe - or so it looked like in the video. I have it but have not used it much.

Surrealist.
04-29-2007, 02:11 AM
...and playing with that tool just now I remember it does use selection. So scratch that.