PDA

View Full Version : What's inside TriCaster Studio?

yan73
04-27-2007, 11:38 AM
If i'm not wrong TriCaster had a Pentium 4 and Win XP.
Does anyone have any info about CPU,GPU and OS of the new Studio version?

DiscreetFX
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Yup, it is newer and better stuff in there.

:)

sbrandt
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know exactly what is in the Pro and the Studio?

What Motherboard...
CPU...
Harddrive(s)...
Video Card...
Audio Card...
Memory sticks...

PIZAZZ
05-29-2007, 10:52 AM

What Motherboard...
CPU...
Harddrive(s)...
Video Card...
Audio Card...
Memory sticks...

It is a Video Switching Production appliance not a computer per se.

I don't care what components are in my TIVO and it is essentially a computer.
Same thing goes for my GrandMA lighting controller and the brand new DigiDesign Venue Profile digital sound board. All computers inside. All I care about is they work every time. Same thing applies to the TriCaster systems.

If it works when I turn it on and does what it is supposed to do, who cares what is inside it.

Paul Lara
05-29-2007, 11:26 AM

TriCaster PRO and TriCaster STUDIO use Core Duo processors and a lot of Secret Sauce! :)

sbrandt
05-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Silly me.

At the risk of flying in the face of the magic formula, I'd like to think I'm getting Seagate and not Fujitsu, nVidia and not ATI, Corsair or Mushkin and not wintec seconds or rejects being sold as house generic...that sort of thing.

And yes, that's in the present tense. The show I've been shooting for a gym chain is getting picked up locally and we have to go live in a 2 or 3 weeks.

Might not be a big deal for easy money guys like you, but I'm talking about basically every dime I've got and I'd like to thing the TCPro or maybe TCStudio if I can dig up another 3 large, will be packed with the goodies that are near and dear to my heart, but mostly distant and alien to my experience with crappy componenents.

I've even thought of reviving the VT[2], but to be able to plug in some jacks and just run and gun is mighty attractive.

SBowie
05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
... and I'd like to thing the TCPro or maybe TCStudio if I can dig up another 3 large, will be packed with the goodies that are near and dear to my heart, but mostly distant and alien to my experience with crappy componenents.STUDIO is looking very cool ... but anyway, on the hdwe. side, whatever is in the box, have you ever heard a single complaint about NewTek's warranty? (or TC's durability?)

sbrandt
05-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Actually yes, that's what the troublshooter thread does.

michof, WRFirstAG, carpeybiggs and Kevin Stipp have all had to wrestle with it. On the other hand there's always lots of peer and NT help and clearly no one is screaming law suit. Can't say that about some companies.

And now that Serious Magic is in the belly of the beast, NT is back in the top two along with Zax for treating customers like actual human beings.

I made my decision, I'm not looking to get sold on another NT goodie. I just have zero wiggle room if anything goes wrong and I like to know were I stand going into anything as clearly as possible.

My personal observation is: The troubleshooter thread has few enough problems I can count them on my fingers and toes. Can't say that about Adobe.

SBowie
05-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Can't say that about Adobe.Oh?

http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=230

(I don't blame you for wondering what's in the box - who wouldn't wonder. But problems have really been pretty few and far between given the number of systems out there, which is what you would expect with a closed system and good support.)

jamestownhodag
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
belarc.com will show you what is in a tri caster and everything else. Click the download option.

sbrandt
06-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks Jamestown.
It won't be long until I can do just that.

I got a TC Studio from Brenda Scileppi in North Hollywood yesterday.
I got one of her last two spots on the pre-pay list.

I lucked out and the client decided, if I was willing to put that much into it myself, it must be okay.
So... I'm now a 33% partner, only had to pony up $3,300, and It's mine to use and tenderly caress.

All you guys who thought I'd given up on VT.........I BAACK!

I can hardly wait!

Woot!!!

sbrandt
06-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Crud, the board blocked my edit.
Obviously it should say, "...I'M BAACK!"