PDA

View Full Version : Setting up 9.2 configs to keep 9 OK

badllarma
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok so my desk top short for 9.2 cut is

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\modeler.exe"
&
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\lightwav.exe"

where do I add the -cc (if thats correct ?) so I don't screw up my Lightwave 9 configs? Is in in the target (above) or the startin (below)
"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs"

An exaple would be good
cheers
andy

irenderlw
04-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\New Tek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\lightwav.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\New Tek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

Add to the target, the one above.
Don't forget to add the Configs folder to the Programs folder.

irenderlw
04-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Take note there is a space between the .exe and the -c

Bill Carey
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Take note there is a space between the .exe and the -c
But no space between the -c and the "C:, which drove me nuts.

irenderlw
04-26-2007, 03:57 PM
But no space between the -c and the "C:,
That's right.

Exception
04-26-2007, 04:52 PM
and not a capital -C but a lowercase -c, or you get weird stuff :)

irenderlw
04-26-2007, 07:22 PM
and not a capital -C but a lowercase -c, or you get weird stuff

And don't forget to add space-0 if you need to disable the hub

badllarma, simply copy and paste (quotations included):

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\New Tek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

into modeler target

and

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\lightwav.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\New Tek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

into Layout target

after creating a configs folder in the programs folder...and you should be good to go:)

jaf
04-26-2007, 07:35 PM
... and don't run 9.2 until you set up your configuration files.

And don't forget your Start Menu items for 9.2 Modeler and Layout. You should set the properties for those too.

badllarma
04-27-2007, 01:56 AM
LOL :D
And that is why I asked ! Bloody Hell thanks for the copy and paste irenderlw and all the other replies.

I love this place LOL :D :thumbsup:

For a second that reminded me of the fork handles sketch by the Two Ronnies. :D

badllarma
04-27-2007, 01:57 AM
... and don't run 9.2 until you set up your configuration files.

Yup worked that one out on the Beta the hard way :eek:

KSTAR
04-27-2007, 03:03 AM
I followed the instructions to the letter and it still doesn't work. To be honest I have never been able to redirect my configs going back to LW5 or when ever you could do this. I have tried over the years and it has never worked! This is so frustrating

oh well

irenderlw
04-27-2007, 05:42 AM
followed the instructions to the letter and it still doesn't work. To be honest I have never been able to redirect my configs going back to LW5 or when ever you could do this. I have tried over the years and it has never worked! This is so frustrating

What do your target lines look like in the modeler/layout icon properties?

KSTAR
04-27-2007, 12:22 PM

I just did a direct copy from your earlier post. 9.2 was installed to the default location, and before I launched it I deleted all of te 9.0 config files and copied over my 9.0 license key

Lito
04-27-2007, 12:36 PM
in the -c part NewTek is one word you have a space there.

Lito
04-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Oh btw, did you make the directory for the configs? I am not sure if LW will auto make a non existing directory.

irenderlw
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes, make sure you create the configs folder in the programs folder. It will not be created in the install.

KSTAR
04-27-2007, 04:27 PM

It works! that was it. thank you thank you thank you. As I mentioned before for years I have tried to do this simple little task and it never worked. Why it didn't work in the past I do not know, but it works now :thumbsup:

For those reading this post here is the line you can copy and paste with the space removed

For layout target

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\lightwav.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

For Modeler target

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\modeler.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.2\Programs\Configs"

And as mentioned previously make sure you have a folder named Configs in your program folder. this is the same folder were you find the

lightwav.exe
modeler.exe

files

irenderlw
04-27-2007, 04:49 PM

I sure did:thumbsdow
I copied and pasted from the first part of the line, I can't believe that happened. I must have changed it. Sorry if I messed anyone up here.

KSTAR
04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
no problem your initial help was still a point in the right direction :thumbsup:

Digital Hermit
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Cripes.!

Now, I am afraid to install it! :(

KSTAR
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Cripes.!

Now, I am afraid to install it! :(

The install itself is not a problem. this was all about re directing config files. Which you need to do if you want to have 9.0 and 9.2 installed on the same machine. Using the techinique used in this thread is still a good way to go because it makes for tidy house keeping

irenderlw
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
The install itself is not a problem. this was all about re directing config files. Which you need to do if you want to have 9.0 and 9.2 installed on the same machine. Using the techinique used in this thread is still a good way to go because it makes for tidy house keeping

Just make sure you tidy up the KSTAR way without the space between NewTek and you'll be fine:boogiedow

Hipcheck
04-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I must say that I used this method and everything is working fine.

iconoclasty
04-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Anyone know if 64bit configs are compatible with 32bit ones?

I've recently started using LW64 on one of my systems and would like them to share configs but I noticed that LW seems to make seperate 64bit versions.

Anyone played around with this?