PDA

View Full Version : Anything new on License Key & Vista Issue

rickmorgan
04-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I did search the forum before posting and was wondering if there was any new solutions for the "Your license key was not found" & Windows Vista issue?

I updated the current Sentinel driver (7.3.3). When I go to enter my key number it does recognise the dongle as I can see the number in the window. But each time I start LW it cannot find the license key.

Any suggestions?

Also I'm running 32 bit Vista Home Premium on a new Intel HP laptop.

Thanks!

towfish
04-26-2007, 12:56 PM
I had this issue with Vista Home 64. I ended up having to make a license.key file and puting it into the programs\newtek\?... folder. I'm at work so I can't remember exactly where I had to put it.

Basically I opened wordpad and pasted the license key # . Save the file as license.key and manually drop it into that folder. For some reason Vista won't let Lightwave write to that folder. Even when I dropped the file Vista asked Do I want to continue? Vista has some pretty strict permissions.

Sorry I can't remember the Newtek folder structure, but this did work! If you haven't figured it out I will post the specific folder when I get home.

Good luck.

rickmorgan
04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. I tried this and it still does not find the file. Even before, when I opened up the license file I could see that it did write the key number to the file.

I also tried copying my working license file from my XP machine directly over to the Vista one, and the same problem happens.

Bytehawk
04-26-2007, 02:48 PM
make sure there is only 1 license key in that file, no characters before or after the numbers (check for tab's or carriage returns)

rickmorgan
04-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Wow am I ever a DUMB-***....I was entering my older v8 key number!!! Once I enter my 9 number everything worked fine!

Thanks again for the replies and I apologize for wasting your time.