PDA

View Full Version : Character Animation or animtion in general

Qslugs
04-26-2007, 11:07 AM
I was just looking throughout the forums and I noticed that there is no one section in the "LightWave 3D Technique Discussions" for animation topics. Is there a chance that a section specifically dealing with animation can be added? I believe adding this type of section will help people doing animation in Lightwave.

I also believe not having a section dealing with animation is a sign of a bigger problem. People not using Lightwave for animation. That comment may be a bit on the conspiracy side :alien:, but I believe there may be some truth to it.

So how bout it?

cresshead
04-26-2007, 11:26 AM
''animation'' can cover such a large area such as animated light colours and animated textures, animated spaceships,logos...blah blah blah...

now a creature/characture animation/rigging forum could be a good thing to see with dedicated sub areas for rigging , ik booster, proxy rigs[animation rigs] deforming rigs, face rigging and morph creation, modeling morph targets, using zbrush and lightwave.

prospector
04-26-2007, 11:34 AM
:agree:

now that 9.2 is out (??), there could be specialized headings for cameras, Nodes, dynamics, boning, texturing (other than nodes), lights, Newbees, WIP, Finished projects/pics, Other, hardware problems.

don't know about too many subheadings tho under those as unless you subscribe, you won't see them.

cresshead
04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
boning?...careful!...

prospector
04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Hu :question:

mrpapabeis
04-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah.... as in "boning models". A very bad CG joke.

I have a four colored pen...red,green,blue,and black.

I call it my 32 bit pen.

Lame..I know..

Qslugs
04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Well either way, motion in general or character animation, I think there needs to be another forum dealing with that sort of thing.

hrgiger
04-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Completely agree Qslugs.