PDA

View Full Version : LW9.2 Conf location change???

jthompson3d
04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
On Newtek OB they showed how to make new config location for 9.2 but I'm not getthing this to work, giving me a error that shorcut not found. I've pasted the location were everything is located but not working, anyone else having this problem???

Newtek writes
Creating Custom Config Files:

For Windows XP and Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition

1) Locate the folder where you copied the LightWave v9.2 Open Beta software.
2) Open the Programs Folder
3) Create a new folder named “Configs”.
4) Open the Configs folder and copy the path.
5) Go up one level, back to the Programs folder
6) Find the Lightwav.exe file.
7) Right-click and choose Create Shortcut
8) Right-click on the new shortcut and choose Properties
9) For Target, go to the end of the path and type –c
10) Paste the Configs path to the end of –c. If you have any spaces in the Config path, put the path in quotation marks. The path should look something like this (your exact path may be different):

C:\Downloads\LightWave_v9.2\Programs\lightwav.exe –c”C:\Downloads\LightWave v9.2\Programs\Configs”

11) Repeat steps 6-10 for Modeler.exe
12) Use the shortcuts you created each time you open the Open Beta software.

jthompson3d
04-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I even went as far as put everything in the exact location that they have and I can't get it to work. :help:

dmack
04-26-2007, 09:48 AM
I think it's got to do with the new install folder name having spaces and therefore the icon target having quotes in it. I changed the name of the folder to 'LW92', removed the quotes and put the -c thing in there and it worked fine. Try that.

:)

manholoz
04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
It worked for me, probably did something extra that was not specifically mentioned in the instructions and I did it without thinking. But having names without spaces is a good idea

jthompson3d
04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
OK, i got it to work.
What i had to do is once i set everything up like they said I opened up Layout I had to go in to the edit plugins button and then it created the config. :)