PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: Latest Update to LightWave Boasts Major New Features

Kurtis
04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Latest Update to LightWave® Boasts Major New Features
All New Material Shaders, Depth of Field, Photoreal Motion Blur, Along with Global Illumination and Final Gather Delivered in Free v9.2 Release

San Antonio, Texas -- April 25, 2007 -- NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the release of the first free update for Emmy® Award-winning LightWave 3D®. Version 9.2 offers new Material Shaders for easy and accurate representation of real-world surfaces, depth of field, global illumination and anti-aliasing improvements that offer better results in less time, a true 3D motion blur that mimics live-action film and new modeling and selection tools for improved workflow. The LightWave® v9.2 update is now available free to registered owners of LightWave v9.

Full press release... (http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/04-25-07a.html)

Intuition
04-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Its a great release. My favorite upgrade to Lightwave since it came to PC.

Don't let the point release fool you. Its a serious upgrade. :thumbsup:

Lots of functionality. :newtek:

No, I am not being paid by NT to say it either.

jameswillmott
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
My non-commissioned opinion, the new rendering functions kick some serious butt over the old, esp the gorgeous new motion blur and depth of field. The new interpolated GI is orders of magnitude faster than what we had before, radiosity and animation can now be said in the same sentence!!!

Seriously good job NT.

zapper1998
04-25-2007, 05:46 PM
All Righty

Newtek U Kick Butt

....can i say that....???

Roly
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Yes excellent update. A really good job done by NewTek and the
people behind the beta testing too, the lightwave community.
All together have done a tremendous amount of work to take
Lightwave to the next step. If they continue with this pace,
I can assure you Lightwave will be one of the best 3D packages
out there.

Bytehawk
04-25-2007, 06:22 PM
this is a major update,

thanks to the full team on making this one shine !

theo
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm such a lazy bastard I do believe I shall just cut and paste one of my earlier posts in the Beta Monastery- Man it's good to see the light finally. Hehehe.

Open yer lil' birdy mouths wide, regurgitation followeth:

I feel the extreme flip-side of deflated, depressed, demoralized, disheartened, apathetically morose, financially gored, jilted, and a total omnium-gatherum of all naughty and evil sensations and realizations.

Listen dumplins, my mother and father were mean to me as a child...

Seriously though, this Lightwave thing is radical and has been lifted from smidgeonsville into the bent realms of symbiotic neuro-elasticity and volcanic creativity.

Blast on baby. Got the face geared for the next G-force. Just give me a chance to finish this oreo cookie please.

-End regurgitation...:D

BazC
04-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Congrats Newtek fantastic release!

I'm such a lazy bastard I do believe I shall just cut and paste one of my earlier posts in the Beta Monastery- Man it's good to see the light finally. Hehehe.

Open yer lil' birdy mouths wide, regurgitation followeth:

I feel the extreme flip-side of deflated, depressed, demoralized, disheartened, apathetically morose, financially gored, jilted, and a total omnium-gatherum of all naughty and evil sensations and realizations.

Listen dumplins, my mother and father were mean to me as a child...

Seriously though, this Lightwave thing is radical and has been lifted from smidgeonsville into the bent realms of symbiotic neuro-elasticity and volcanic creativity.

Blast on baby. Got the face geared for the next G-force. Just give me a chance to finish this oreo cookie please.

-End regurgitation...:D

Yeah and I didn't understand it the first time either! :D

SaT
04-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Thank you NewTek!:I_Love_Ne :lightwave

colkai
04-26-2007, 01:51 AM
A step in the right direction to be sure, and remember folks, this is only the FIRST point release for the LW9 cycle.
Lightwave is looking better than it has in a long while. Can't wait to see what the future of the LW9.X cycle has in store for us. :) :) :)

Iain
04-26-2007, 02:35 AM
Does that mean we can talk about it now? :)

tonybliss
04-26-2007, 03:49 AM
Congrats NT !!!!! :) :D

PS. You guys did notice that the price of new seats will increase by $100US by July 2007. LOW is now ready to roll with the big dogs on the forefront ... This may be good on a psychological marketing aspect and also means more money for development :D

Ztreem
04-26-2007, 03:58 AM
This is the best LW release in many years, maybe even the best ever. I Love it!

Gary Wales
04-26-2007, 05:43 AM
LightWave 9.2 is just the proverbial dog's doo-dah's - I love it to bits and the latest upgrade seems so stable - congratulations NewTek!

theo
04-26-2007, 06:49 AM
Congrats Newtek fantastic release!

Yeah and I didn't understand it the first time either! :D

Crud, now I have to reveal my inner workings.

1) The first sentence is to reveal an emotional state that is the exact opposite of the disturbing verbage that follows in the same sentence.

2) Listen dumplins... is referring to my faux (in the sense that this is creative writing) inadequacy to share intimate thoughts that are positive due to child abuse. The favorable has to be relegated and hidden behind just pure awfulness due to the instilled pathology. All rubbish, of course, but still funnish to create.

3)-4) Fairly self-explanatory, these two sentences (some Yoda verbage for ya). Three is just a mish-mash of splendid musings and Four is a continuation of splending musings. Which should clear the thought river up perfectly.

And finally, I think I took this thread so far off-topic that it may need GPS to get back on track.

Lew
04-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Yes, a great upgrade. Now if I can just learn to use all the new stuff - but if this is pain, bring it on.
Lew

BazC
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Crud, now I have to reveal my inner workings.

1) The first sentence is to reveal an emotional state that is the exact opposite of the disturbing verbage that follows in the same sentence.

2) Listen dumplins... is referring to my faux (in the sense that this is creative writing) inadequacy to share intimate thoughts that are positive due to child abuse. The favorable has to be relegated and hidden behind just pure awfulness due to the instilled pathology. All rubbish, of course, but still funnish to create.

3)-4) Fairly self-explanatory, these two sentences (some Yoda verbage for ya). Three is just a mish-mash of splendid musings and Four is a continuation of splending musings. Which should clear the thought river up perfectly.

And finally, I think I took this thread so far off-topic that it may need GPS to get back on track.

:foreheads Of course! Silly me! :D

Bytehawk
04-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Regurgitation is used by a number of species to feed their young. This is typically in circumstances where the young is at a fixed location and a parent must forage or hunt for food, especially under circumstances where the carriage of small prey would be subject to robbing by other predators or the whole prey is larger than can be carried to a den or nest. Some birds species also occasionally regurgitate pellets of indigestible matter such as bones and feathers.

Theo, respect.....
i would love to be able to write english in such a descriptive way.

theo
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Of course! Silly me!

Hehehe....:D

Theo, respect.....

I would like to be as smart as you, so we're even.

Mark The Great
04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
:I_Love_Ne

Congrats, Newtek. Ditto everyone, this is the best update in a while... and no, I didn't just get LW in March... :D

manholoz
04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Theo, respect.....
:agree:

theo
04-26-2007, 10:22 AM
:agree:

:tsktsk: Now I am getting embarassed...

Intuition
04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
What Theo is trying to say is....

.......:yoda: "Up the word is!!! ...Down, the smack has been put! :yoda: ......

theo
04-26-2007, 10:37 AM
What Theo is trying to say is....

.......:yoda: "Up the word is!!! ...Down, the smack has been put! :yoda: ......

I've been Intuited. :D