PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: Latest Update to LightWave Boasts Major New Features

Kurtis
04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Latest Update to LightWave® Boasts Major New Features
All New Material Shaders, Depth of Field, Photoreal Motion Blur, Along with Global Illumination and Final Gather Delivered in Free v9.2 Release

San Antonio, Texas -- April 25, 2007 -- NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the release of the first free update for Emmy® Award-winning LightWave 3D®. Version 9.2 offers new Material Shaders for easy and accurate representation of real-world surfaces, depth of field, global illumination and anti-aliasing improvements that offer better results in less time, a true 3D motion blur that mimics live-action film and new modeling and selection tools for improved workflow. The LightWave® v9.2 update is now available free to registered owners of LightWave v9.

Full press release... (http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/04-25-07a.html)

dmack
04-26-2007, 02:03 AM
So, I go to my account, download LW92, NOT from the beta section, look into the zip and it's a file called 'Lightwave_v92_Beta_Win32.exe. What's going on? Is this the final release or another beta?????

SaT
04-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Same here.:stumped:

Geoff Vane
04-26-2007, 03:12 AM
Typical Newtek. Tried to find an upgrade but only trial versions to be found. Took me half an hour to find the site register.newtek.com but no 9.2 non beta.

Gary Wales
04-26-2007, 03:28 AM
I've installed it, but it will only run in Discovery Mode - why is always so difficult just to get up and running - can't find dongle etc.

Mac Pro

tonybliss
04-26-2007, 03:31 AM
4ck it .... yes its not very fun but 4ck, the team just released a great ver of lw ... be 4cking positive a bit nah ... report it to them privately ... we are getting a FREE upgrade with features that any other 3d company will charge for.
I am now getting happier that they have increased the price for new owners by 100 US by july 2007, at this rate.
Yah ungrateful pissy lot ... typical 012

Gary Wales
04-26-2007, 03:36 AM
Install the latest dongle drivers if you haven't. And check that you're using the correct key.

Thanks. Where do I find the latest dongle drivers?

noiseboy
04-26-2007, 04:16 AM
I've installed it, but it will only run in Discovery Mode - why is always so difficult just to get up and running - can't find dongle etc.

Mac Pro

Suck eggs time... have you copied your license key over from 9.0 to the 9.2 programs directory? that gets me everytime. I don't think there has been a dongle driver change for Mac.

Colin

Gary Wales
04-26-2007, 04:29 AM
Bizarrely I've now got the beta version running the new build in Full (non discovery, non 'xx days remaining') Mode - (24 April in the 'About Lightwave' panel)...so I'll use that one. The only difference that I can see is that the interface fonts are anti-aliased whereas the upgrade is the usual non-anti-aliased font. Thanks!

Iain
04-26-2007, 04:48 AM
I'm generally not very good with technical hardware/software stuff but I try to work things out or just ask for some help before I start posting whiny comments on user forums.

There would be even more pirate software out there if it was totally straightforward to do these things.

What's wrong with people that they just see negatives and lash out all the time.

Yes I'm having a bad day but it's nothing to do with Newtek :)

tonybliss
04-26-2007, 07:05 AM
this may help
http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=534456#post534456

and you DO NOT make post like these in a point release, that's negative energy and bad speculation for potential customers ... the team still needs to be paid.
...and we got a FANTASTIC free upgrade .... be smart .... in this case it could be you that kill the software

tonybliss
04-26-2007, 07:10 AM
... and yes 9.2 is really a fantastic upgrade ... I am doing more archvis stuff now and the new radiosity types and settings make it very possible to use it for all types of situations whether its a walkthrough or stills. Its fast, its clean and the bastards at NT still will improve and add more to it.
Oh and Fprime 3 with nodal support works in 9.2 too :D

colkai
04-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Well I really should of paid more attention and am now downloading teh correct version hehe ...oops. Ahh well, S'me age ya know ;)

Silkrooster
04-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Well I really should of paid more attention and am now downloading teh correct version hehe ...oops. Ahh well, S'me age ya know ;)
Yeah I had to check the date on the files just below the links to see what was the newest.
Funny they had it labeled as the demo version, oh well it works. (wondering if this is the same link new customers use to get the demo.)
Silk