PDA

View Full Version : Free Visual Studio 2005 from Microsoft!!

ShawnStovall
04-24-2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/business/VB2005upgrade/default.mspx

At first I thought there was some sort of catch but it is genuine!! You just have to attend two labcasts and you get Visual Studio free, you have to pay shipping and handling though, just got mine as a matter of fact.:boogiedow

ShawnStovall
04-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah,:spam:(lol)

issaid
04-24-2007, 10:15 PM
pardon me for being slow, but is this real or not.

The site looks about right, and I know some people that did this with Vista Business before it came out.

Phil
04-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Only good in the US. Then again, you have the Express Editions which are available directly. Not sure what the restrictions are for those, though, or whether they can even be effectively restricted.

Roly
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
The link is from the Microsoft website. Only catch is to attend two Labcasts base on Visual Basic.Net 2005 and submit the evaluation form for each session. I already got C++, C# Studio Express editions ( I'm only interested on the C programming side of it ). You can do a lot of stuff with them and they are free. It's getting very attractive the combination of C# and XNA for creating games, if you like that path of course.

inquisitive
04-24-2007, 11:02 PM
i thought it was spam too but the free visual studio caught my attention, not that i need it (or maybe i dont know i need it)? lol

colkai
04-25-2007, 03:16 AM
They did this last year, I downloaded Visual Express 2005 for free then, got it registered. Very very useful for anyone thinking of getting into C++ or LW SDK based coding.

My view, get it if you like / want to learn coding, otherwise, there's not much point.

Have it installed on my PC here. :)

T-Light
04-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Am I missing something, this was available for free for a long time wasn't it? or am I missing something?

Sorry for stepping on your toes there Shawn but I'm sure this was available for free on a UK mag cover disk in 2006. Could be wrong though. :)

issaid
04-25-2007, 04:43 PM
They have so many versions.

Express, which is free to everyone, Standard, free with this apparently, and Professional, which I have yet to see free. I'm not sure all the differences between them.

ShawnStovall
04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I bought a version of it the year before last and I paid $50 for(academic version of course). Normal version was around $200 I believe? So I jumped at the chance to get this one because...well I don't need it right now but I will later and jumped at the chance.