PDA

View Full Version : Does the Hub work OK in 9.2?

flyboy
04-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Hello to all at LW forum. I have been using 9.0 and began to experience crashes last winter. After consulting with Newtek support they believed that the hub was not functioning properly due to a problem with internet protocol.Apparently I was not the only person experiencing this problem. It was ITP protocol, the amount of data streaming through the hub, or something like that. I had to dissable the hub to solve the problem. My 9.0 is working fine. I just have to save everything manually in modeler before opening layout. And since the hub wont update anything I have to close objects and scenes and then reopen them for changes to take effect. You just have to be carefull. I was told by the tech support that they hoped that 9.2 would resolve this hub problem. Does anyone doing bata testing have any info on this, and what I can expect. I have been using LW for about 2 years and think it is great. When the hub quit working it was a bummer. Thanks

WilliamVaughan
04-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Hub gave me and the entire school issues with 9.0

9.2 is rock solid over hear and I'm glad to have the HUB back....

Animapper
04-24-2007, 09:07 PM
I've had no issues with it yet in 9.2 or through the last month of beta. However, it's been squirrelly enough for long enough that I rarely use it - namely for safety sake while adding surfaces in layout. It's just safer to have the models gone from modeler before texturing. I've learned this the hard way too many times.

Regards,

mattc
04-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Haven't had any hub issues in quite some time with 9.2...

M

manholoz
04-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Hub has been ok with me in 9.2

ANS
04-25-2007, 07:32 AM
works great for me- no problems in 9.2

tijgervisuals
04-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Sssshhht, it hears us!

flyboy
04-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks to Proton and all others for your insight on how the hub is working in 9.2, this is great news I cant wait to install this update. If I might indulge your expertise some more. I want to upgrade to a new computer very soon say a core 2 duo more RAM high end video card and vista. Is LW 9.2 working OK with vista? Also what is the differance between 32 bit and 64 bit systems,What do I have to do to move up to 64 bit? ,DoI need a new LW program. does this require a special video card. What is the best video card to run LW on without overkill and just wasting money? Also does not using or deactivating the hub actually make the program run faster, maybbe using less computer resources, or is the differance insignificant. I know Ive asked a lot of questions. But where better to ask them then from my fellow lightwavers on the forum. Thanks again for any insight you might have.

rqe3bc
04-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Just got a new Vista 32 Home Ed. Premium, and Lightwave 9.0 would hang on load every time until I disabled the Hub (I'm running it as "Administrator").

Installed 9.2 version today and same problem - starts to load then hangs until it stops responding. Disabled the Hub (with the -0 option) and it runs fine.

On both versions, the Hub in the Taskbar seems "stuck" (no options come up) which requires a re-boot and re-start with the -0 option.

If there is a solution to this I've missed I would love to hear it!

Ma3rk
04-29-2007, 12:27 PM
FWIW, I'm also having the same HUB problems with 9.2 as I had with 9.0 and in fact 8.5 as well.

Exception
04-29-2007, 12:33 PM
The hub eats my lunch when I'm not looking.

The bastrd.

zatara
04-29-2007, 01:40 PM
At my work I was using Norton Firewall, and lightwave 9 takes a long time to open. Now I donīt use Norton Firewall, I use Windows firewall, and Lightwave opens really quickly.
Try do this test.

Ma3rk
04-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Got it working this afternoon. I went thru each Zone Alarm menu & reset everything back to defaults, which is where I thought it was, but apparently not. Anyway, made a few more fiddles and dida fresh restart and gave it a shot. This time it worked.

Now I know where to look first if i have future issues.
M.