PDA

View Full Version : Error - Registration when using FireFox

acocq
04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi,
I still am getting an error when trying to access the Newtek Registration site using FireFox (latest version) :bangwall: . Since this is the only site that gives me a problem, I am posting this message in the forum.

I had this problem a while ago and had to keep using IE in order to get to the registration page. Please check if you can't get this fixed ... :help:

Here is the error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
ML.ML.fProcess()
ML.ML.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

I'm using WinXP(Home SP2) with Firefox 2.0.0.3. It is a German OS and Firefox installation. This is a new installation (just got my new PC) ...

Cheers,
Andreas

GregMalick
04-24-2007, 01:18 PM
See this thread: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53067&highlight=server

Post #15 is significant.

surfingmarmot
04-24-2007, 01:23 PM
It's not you or your browser. I called NewTek. Major power outtage at their San Antonio HQ this morning (Tue 24 APR 07). So the web server is getting a time-out from the database server which isn't back on line yet. They'll have everything up and running again as fast as they can. Apparently, their forum is hosted elsewhere which is why it is still up and running.

I use a Mac and FireFox and Safari browser and have no such problems with their registration. IF there were some in the past, they are fixed. If you read the error messages you'll see objects are not found. That's because the database server is offline.

Stuff happens. Fortunately, recovery happens almost as fast :D.

acocq
04-26-2007, 03:00 PM
See this thread: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53067&highlight=server

Post #15 is significant.

Yo ... got it fixed ... thanks !

Cheers,
Andreas

Eldorado
05-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Download the IE tabbing under the Firefox website its great, lets you switch to an external applications rendering engine. Has fixed many problems for me.(internet explorer must be downloaded):newtek: