PDA

View Full Version : Hardware Recommendation for SE

hupper
04-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Anyone have a recommended hardware solution that plays well with SE? I want to buy a tower for SE, but would appreciate anyone who thinks they have found a good hardware match.

ted
04-24-2007, 12:36 PM
While I'm not smart enough to give you the answer, I want to say "atta boy" for asking before throwing money at a system and hoping! :D Then complaining that SE sucks!

I'm in need of upgrading to a new system for one edit bay and also a laptop. I'll follow this along with you.

Safe Harbor
04-24-2007, 01:04 PM
We build custom configured SE systems. You can see our components here:

http://www.sharbor.com/build-yours/speededit/

Jim Davis
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
The best advice I can give is make it as big and bad a machine as your budget can afford. I am using a dual quad core xeon system and Speed Edit likes it. I just built several single quad core and dual core dual Optreon systems for customers whch also preformed well. If you want specifics on system configurations there are some things I need to know about how you want to use the system . Please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to get you some options.

axaboss
04-27-2007, 01:12 AM
On a Windows-based computer with SE, a Quad-Core CPU is the way to go. At least 2GB of RAM. 250GB System drive and a 500 GB SATA 3Gb Drive for Video Clips. An Nvidia Geforce 7800 works great with a 24" Dell Monitor. It allows you to spread all those SE windows around to edit comfortably.

Have fun.