PDA

View Full Version : Motion blur particles ONLY

Chrusion
04-24-2007, 12:35 AM
In 9.2, how do you, or can you, motion blur ONLY particles and NOT objects?

HV Particles blur only when Volumetric AA and Particle Blur are enabled AND Motion Blur passes are greater than 1. This also blurs the objects. Not good when the objects were rendered without MB, but you're doing an HV pass with those objects acting as alpha mattes (constant value of 0), but you require motion blurred HVs.

So, how to accomplish?

Yes, I tried baking motions (in this case just the camera as it's the one with 99% of the motion via a targeted null and zoom env. with all keys set to Stepped) and found that the HVs do not match the object plate. There's a slight offsets that can't be corrected by manually reshaping 500 keys.

beverins
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I think the only way is through compositing?

Chrusion
04-25-2007, 06:39 AM
How would you obtain vectored motion blur with compositing? If I'm reading you correctly, one would need to render out the HV pass without MB so the alpha perfectly matches the object plate and apply some sort of MB plugin during compositing, correct?

If done in AE, what would that effect/plug be? And how much $$$ for a one time use?

DOH!!... Worley has an ObjBlur motion plugin that came with Polk that I believe handles MB on a per object basis, but dangit all, upon activation it gives me a "Your dongle isn't working" error msg with a string of numbers. I had that same issue with all of his plugs in 9.0. Updating the sentinel drivers solved the issue, but now it's back in 9.2 and I doubt it will work with the totally revamped MB/AA rendering system in LW. Bummer... What to do?

Edbittner
04-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey Dean, we used to be "neighbors" in Saginaw. I had an issue with my dongle with Worley twice. Parralel to USB, and dongle ID change. Called 'em and they took care of it asap. Good to see you're still hanging around here and doing well.( Although I don't think WNEM TV 5 has been the same since you left the area).
E.