PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Open beta posting

surfingmarmot
04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
1. I am a registered owner and in the Open Beta--its in my profile and I just downloaded Open Beta RC3 having downlaoded and installed RC2 last Friday.

2. Yet, I am locked out of the Beta Forum and only Hub launches, Modeler and Layout just hang during launch--forever.

Macbook Pro Core Duo 10.4.9 2GB DRAM attemtpign to run Universal binary.

I don't mind defects in Beta code, but it's frustrating not to have any voice or be able to get help.

Hello? Hello?

voriax
04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
I think another user had this problem, of suddenly losing access to the beta forums. Contact Newtek support and see if they can sort it out.
As far as the programs not launching right .. that has nothing to do with the beta forums. Check you have the latest version (there are newer ones), and double-check your license key file to be sure it has the right code in it.

BazC
04-24-2007, 01:26 AM
I realise it's frustrating but you should contact site admin to find out why you can't access the beta forums. It may simply be that it will take another day or two if you only registered last Friday. Posting this info on public forums breaches the non-disclosure agreement which has NOT been lifted on the universal binary.

manholoz
04-24-2007, 10:25 AM
I had the problem that my username in registration and in the forum were different. However, I just got in touch with Newtek, and they fixed the problem in a day or two (happened in 9.0 open beta days).

surfingmarmot
04-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I think things will work out--I let them (Tech Support) know and they said they'll fix it. And I know they will so no sweat. The registration/permission is supposed to be automatic, but no system works perfectly.

I've been champing at the bit to be able to access the Beta Forum.