PDA

View Full Version : UV Map view

otti
04-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi forum,

I'm running Lightwave 9 on a Mac G4 PPC. When creating a UV Map in Modeler, I'm getting a strange view in the viewport for my UV Texture. Before creating the map, the coordinate systme is visible. I select my surface and create a UV Map. In the UV Texture window I see the map displayed as dots in the background, but alos (much bigger) my polygons in front of the map. I tried to find a preference to get rid of those polygons, but I was not successful. When exporting the map as eps in paint in Photoshop it all works fine. It is just the view in Modeler, which then also does not allow me to select polys to adjust because of the big polys in front of it. This poroblem did not happen when I worked on a PC at UNI. Any ideas?

Ta
otti

Professor_quack
04-23-2007, 12:11 AM
It could me a display glitch. I had similar issues in modeler when on a mac (if I understand your description)... my solution was to buy a pc... You could try trashing your modeler preferences.

BazC
04-23-2007, 12:50 AM
It certainly sounds like a display glitch. Trashing prefs is one thing to try certainly. If your using an ATI card you could try downloading the latest drivers from ATI, I don't think you can do this with Nvidia though.

9.2 should be released any day now and has more OGL options so maybe that will help?

Sorry I can't think of anything else right now, what version of OSX are you on, can you update?

otti
04-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Tried after deleting prefs and di not work. I'm on Mac OS10.4.8. Could possibly upgrade or wait for new version.
Have got a Nvidia card.

Thanks anyway

toby
04-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Turning on 'Simple Wirefame Points/Edges' fixes some Modeler display glitches.

otti
04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Tried with "Simple Wireframe Points/Edges" turned omj, ut did not help. I have got the feeling now, that all my UV Maps are wrong. I can'r even go back in UV Texture after importing the map from Photoshop and adjust polygons to suit, since the big thingo is in front of it......

otti

toby
04-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Can you post a screengrab?

otti
04-25-2007, 03:52 AM
Here is a screengrab.

Thanks
otti

toby
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Seems to be a bad file

gerry_g
04-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Mac screen grabs are natively in the .png format and can be uploaded without need for file conversion or the need for compression, whatever you uploaded it's unviewable

Chilton
04-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi,

As Gerry_G pointed out, your screenshot is a png. So if you rename the link with a '.png' at the end, it's viewable. Otherwise, people can just download it and change the name to end with .png and it's viewable there as well.

-Chilton

toby
04-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok, got it open - but I don't see any big polys in the way - I see what looks like 'cages' are on?

gerry_g
04-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Your UV's are all overlapping, no wonder the map won't display right, unwrap your UV's with either spherical or cylindrical projection in the Y axis. This will help them fold out nice and flat,. But you will still have overlap which means you will have to un weald those areas and remap them separately or relax them to the point where they no longer overlap one anther, which means manually dragging the points around on screen or investing in a pelt tool to make the process easier, but on the Mac this means either purchasing Maxon BodyPaint3, Modo201 or believe Silo also does UVís and is much cheaper than the firs two