PDA

View Full Version : LensFlares in LW8.5

ArtGoblin
04-21-2007, 07:51 AM
I was fuzzing around with the lensflare options, trying to simulate a lens flare from a photograph. I'm wondering how to get more control over the color of the lens flare, I tried making the lightcolor (distant light) a bright red, and I'm still getting a blue spill in on the edges of the flare. How can I solve this and what am I doing wrong?

fgreen
04-24-2007, 02:11 PM
LW's flares and glows are pretty limited. I don't know of a free plugin for more control of flares, but here is a commercial one called hyperglow.
http://www.ficatech.com/plugins.htm

Here is a free one for glow colors.
http://pweb.netcom.com/~ghartens/afterglow.html

If you want to post a pic of the reference photos and your render, maybe we can make suggestions.

ArtGoblin
04-26-2007, 02:18 AM
thanks alot for the feedback... I was beginning to think my question was to stupidly phrased to be allowed for intelligent feedback hehe... I'm gonna try out these plug-ins as soon as I have time to play again (stuck in work at the moment). Here's a render showing a lens flare that I can't get to look real.

fgreen
04-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Not sure I understand. Is this your reference image that you are trying to reproduce, or the rendering you are unsatisfied with?

ArtGoblin
04-26-2007, 08:48 AM
it is the render I'm not satisfied with.... If you look at the area around the lensflare-core (where the lensflare starts fading out) you'll see that blue tint I'm not so happy about... ether I want to reduce the falloff area around the lensflare-core or somehow get it to be not so transparent. Is this making any sese? Here's the refrence image.

avkills
04-28-2007, 06:30 AM
It looks as though your reference image has a 6 sided shutter; the lens flare elements are not round like your render. It also looks as though a white light ought to get you close. Does your render have an outer ring? I'd take that away also.

-mark

avkills
04-28-2007, 06:31 AM
One more thing; you may be able to play with the Corona or Bloom image filters to make it look better; or use 2 lights to make the flare bigger without over driving it.

-mark