PDA

View Full Version : Raidiosity, Skydome, Lightwave 9 ???

Rhothgar
04-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Can someone please help.

In lightwave 8.5 I could get nice realistic renders by using a skydome around my entire scene. Skydome around scene, adjust luminosity, turn on radiosity, goto object properties panel check unseen by camera. This way the light bounce/ radiosity effect from the sky dome would show up on my objects in the scene but the skydome itself would not be seen. So I could render against a black backdrop or live action clip and tweek the light until it matched etc.

How is this done in Lightwave 9??? I tried the same method in V9 but when I check unseen by camera for the Skydome I not only lose the geometry as i want but i also lose the bounced light on my objects in the scene....Am I going to have to do a comp every time I want to check if the lighting matches the live action footage? That doesn't seem right....

Please help. Thanks!

SplineGod
04-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Something was changed. Not sure if is a bug or what...

BazC
04-21-2007, 03:24 AM
I've just tried it in 9.2 and it's working fine. A couple of questions, sorry if they're too obvious! :D

Have you turned on radiosity?
Have you accidentally turned on unseen by rays?

Rhothgar
04-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks...a bug or change...darn.

Glad to hear it works in 9.2 though I have not tried it.

Obvious questions are NOT offensive. I've found when I've had problems in the past 9 times out of 10 it was user error. Then after I'm done throwing a tantrum :cursin: and I realized I did not do something obvious I feel like an idiot. So thanks for asking. Sadly yes I checked to make sure that Radiosty was turned on and no unseen by rays was not checked. I tried several times just to make sure I was not going crazy.

Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

kopperdrake
04-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I have to admit I've been using the background colour as a lightsource for radiosity with v9 because of this.