PDA

View Full Version : Is 9.2 available yet?

nigebabe
04-20-2007, 04:50 AM
I must be stupid but I have read the VFX World review, logged onto newtek.com, seen the 'Upgrade to 9.2 Now' banner but then I get a quick glimpse of 'Upgrade to 9.2' which rapidly dissappears to be replaced by 'trial edition'.

Is it out yet? I thought it was coming out at NAB 2007? I am very confused....

guardonduty
04-20-2007, 05:18 AM
I asked the same thing yesterday. NO, not out yet.

nigebabe
04-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Looks like another marketing wow from Newtek. I just don't understand why we are not hearing anything, especially as it was planned for release at NAB. Ok, if there were problems at the last minute, then let us know - we would understand. The worse thing is to make no comments at all while the site advertises an 'Upgrade Now' banner. It's even more frustrating when the reviews are coming in and they are good! Come on Newtek, give us some information.

mattclary
04-20-2007, 01:10 PM
This came out in the newsletter on Mar. 29. It's in Beta, nearing completion. It will be done when it is done. If you want to get your hands on it, sign up for the OPEN beta. I am of the opinion you will probably see this go gold by the end of next week.

LightWave v9 Development Update

We’ve had an absolutely tremendous run in our recent Open Beta program for LightWave v9.2 and I’m happy to report we’re entering the final sprint to the finish. Those of you participating in Open Beta will soon see the build names change to Release Candidates. (Those of you not participating are missing all the excitement... all it takes is to be a registered owner of LightWave v9) We have targeted NAB for the “official” ship date of LightWave v9.2 so, from here on out it’s final testing and bug squashing.

Our planning team is madly preparing for the next Open Beta program and the advances that will come with the next free update to LightWave v9. We placed much of our focus in LightWave v9.2 on improvements to the LightWave render system specifically on global illumination and radiosity. Along the way, we’ve been taking careful note of your feedback and will be releasing information on our next area of focus in the upcoming weeks.

As we wrap up this latest round of Open Beta testing, I just want to reiterate again, how important this process has become to the development and advancement of LightWave. I’ve been in this business a lot of years and I don’t know of any other 3D software that is developed with this level of collaboration with the end users. I know it is deeply rewarding for us and we appreciate every idea, every concern and every suggestion you contribute on how to improve LightWave.

Congratulations to you all... you are what makes LightWave truly great.

Jay Roth
President, NewTek 3D Division

P.S. If you're already a member of the NewTek Discussion Forums, head on over to the LightWave v9.2 Discussions and LightWave v9.2 Gallery to join in the conversation. If you're not already a member, now's the time!

mattclary
04-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Actually, I think it will be released to the public by the end of next week...

Exception
04-20-2007, 04:20 PM
We just need more kittens. If they give us some kittens, all will be well. Really.

jayroth
04-20-2007, 04:44 PM
as I mentioned in another post, we are looking to release early next week. Ran into a couple of bumps that needed smoothing. Of course, we could have released it anyway, I suppose... :)

kfinla
04-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Is the PPC CFM (OSX) version of 9.2 going to come out with 9.2 for windows next weekish? and then a month or whatever later the UB will come out to take care of intel mac users? I know the UB will have both PPC and Intel versions in it, just wondering if the mac version across the board of 9.2 is shipping with the UB at a later date.

masterchief
04-21-2007, 10:02 AM
as I mentioned in another post, we are looking to release early next week. Ran into a couple of bumps that needed smoothing. Of course, we could have released it anyway, I suppose... :)

rock on jay!

cresshead
04-21-2007, 11:15 AM
We just need more kittens. If they give us some kittens, all will be well. Really.

yeh a few more kittens and some fluffy adult cats would really nail it!:thumbsup:

jayroth
04-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Is the PPC CFM (OSX) version of 9.2 going to come out with 9.2 for windows next weekish? and then a month or whatever later the UB will come out to take care of intel mac users? I know the UB will have both PPC and Intel versions in it, just wondering if the mac version across the board of 9.2 is shipping with the UB at a later date.

The UB version will not be included in this release of 9.2, just the CFM version. The UB version needs more testing, and will reflect the current LightWave codebase at the time of its release. That said, we are not too far away from a release, but it will get its own day in the sun...

shrox
04-21-2007, 03:16 PM
yeh a few more kittens and some fluffy adult cats would really nail it!:thumbsup:

Yes, kittens are good, so long as you neuter them before they have more kittens. Always plenty of kittens at the shelter! Hurray for kittens!

Exception
04-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes, kittens are good, so long as you neuter them before they have more kittens. Always plenty of kittens at the shelter! Hurray for kittens!

Yes!
And you must all know, adopting a kitty: it's better than crack! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vh0InvStU4)

Silkrooster
04-21-2007, 06:50 PM
I think you are doing the right thing by holding off. The more solid the program is the better. I would still like to commend the entire Newtek team on the accomplishments so far in the 9.x run. I can't wait to see where this baby will be by the time version 10 rolls around.
Keep up the excellent work,
Silk

AbnRanger
04-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Yes!
And you must all know, adopting a kitty: it's better than crack! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vh0InvStU4)Ahhh...sweet little things :D ...until you catch them clawing up your expensive leather sofa...:devil:
Demons in disguise...yes..that's what they are

AbnRanger
04-21-2007, 11:14 PM
I think you are doing the right thing by holding off. The more solid the program is the better. I would still like to commend the entire Newtek team on the accomplishments so far in the 9.x run. I can't wait to see where this baby will be by the time version 10 rolls around.
Keep up the excellent work,
SilkIndeed. If you take some of the magic that you used on the Renderer, and sprinkle a little on CA, and LW dynamics...what a treat it will be :boogiedow

JeffrySG
04-22-2007, 02:11 AM

The UB version will not be included in this release of 9.2, just the CFM version. The UB version needs more testing, and will reflect the current LightWave codebase at the time of its release. That said, we are not too far away from a release, but it will get its own day in the sun...

Looks like I jumped on the LW bandwagon just the right time! Can't wait to start using the UB version when it comes out! Thanks Jay! It looks like you're really moving the product in the right direction!

:lwicon: :lightwave

BazC
04-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Looks like I jumped on the LW bandwagon just the right time! Can't wait to start using the UB version when it comes out!

Why not sign up for the beta and start using it right now!?