PDA

View Full Version : Another show made with LW... sort of

Titus
04-20-2007, 12:08 AM
I was reading the official Pocoyo blog and discovered they says the pilot program wad made with LW, then changed to XSI.

http://pocoyo.blogs.com/pocoyo/2006/07/index.html

cresshead
04-20-2007, 06:52 AM
yeah looks like the modeled and lit poccoyo and the pilot which had limited character animation [no walk cycles etc] was animated with lightwave as well of course but when they got the green light for the 26 episodes they switched to xsi...they say in the blog it's rendered with arnold renderer...so not xsi's mental ray for rendering...

so good and not so good for lw.....model and render fine...rigging and animation moved to xsi...another example of how much we look forward to the new character rigging/animation tools for lightwave9.xx

Bog
04-20-2007, 03:54 PM
so good and not so good for lw.....model and render fine...rigging and animation moved to xsi...another example of how much we look forward to the new character rigging/animation tools for lightwave9.xx

I dunno, man. It's kind of looking at a freshly-shipped fighter's wing.

All those empty hardpoints, just waiting to see the goodies we can bolt onto 'em for the next sortie. Whatever will we get?

If nodal, the radiosity speed-boosts, the general up-slicking of the interface, little wrinkles like Sticky Motion, the realtime OpenGL DoF and MoBlur previews et cetera are anything to go by, I'd say we're due to get some heavy ammo in the can.

Dribble, and indeed drool.