PDA

View Full Version : Need a shortcut to render stills.

couryhouse
04-19-2007, 09:44 PM
We do news.

we do text and stills for web news stories.
we do video newsreels.

ok with that being said we need a faster way to pull stills from video footage in speededit. the mouse click click is a pain after 50 of them.
'

Actuially is a pain after just a few. when I get to 100 I am swearing up a storm!

would be nice to set up a button on the contour shuttle to whack whack!

any questions?

Ivan
04-20-2007, 06:09 AM
One more item requested in VT2, I'm seeing a pattern.

Actually to be fair, in VT you could open the Capture Panel and set it to "Timed Record", set the input to VTEdit and capture one frame by hitting the enter key and the Stills would be auto numbered. That was actually pretty good. To bad they removed this ability in SE.

Back to the request for User Defined Keyboard Shortcuts.

Ivan

Zane Condren
04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
the keyboard shortcut to grab stills is crtl shift m

couryhouse
04-21-2007, 07:50 PM
I looked and I looked and I looked.... where did you find the info?? I am gonna go try it!

thanks ed!

couryhouse
04-21-2007, 08:59 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! it works great!now I will get a shuttle and put it on a button!!!

CreatvGnius
05-05-2007, 07:24 AM

Hi. I propose that NewTek place that all-important "Grab Still" command (with its shortcut ("CTRL Shift M") printed along side it -- inside the context menu that appears when one right-clicks on a clip.

But with a different twist: henceforth, rename Grab Still to "Make Still", so the CTRL Shift M is more easily remembered (but then, it'll be listed in the context menu, right?) -- or conversely, change the shortcut to CTRL Shift G if you must relate it to the "Grab Still" nomenclature.

Anybody see the value in all this?
-PeterG

Ivan
05-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Ctrl G "Goes to" a point on the timeline.

Ivan