PDA

View Full Version : Copy Keyframes from Position X to Position Y of another object

deadlybuda
04-19-2007, 03:24 PM
How do I copy the keyframes from one object's POSITION X envelope, to a different object's POSITION Y envelope?

Surrealist.
04-19-2007, 04:52 PM
GRAPH EDITOR:

1) right click on curve in channel bin and select copy on the curve you want to copy. Right click on the curve of the new object and or channel you want to paste to transfer the entire curve.

2) right click in the curve edit panel to select a range of keys and shift ctl LMB to bring up menu to copy a selected keys. Select new curve in bin from object and put cursor where you want keys and use same method to paste just a set of keys between curves.

DOPE SHEET:

Open the Scene Editor (choose open or you'll get the classic scene editor)
Expand the items channels in the item list RMB menu.

Click on the dope sheet tab. Here you find plenty of ways to copy and paste keys as well. RMB Click and so on. Pretty self explanatory and more visually interactive. But to see the actual curves open the graph editor.

deadlybuda
04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm gonna try this out tonight and see what happens. Thanks!

Surrealist.
04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Cool. Just to clarify, 1 and 2 are options not steps.

deadlybuda
04-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Thanx so much Surrealist!!!! Why on Earth did I not see this in the manual? It's official: I'm dense!:lwicon:

Surrealist.
04-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Well if there is anything dense, I'd say it's the manual. :)

But that said, there are some good sections.

Also in some cases you can right click on an E button and select copy and paste to another E button.