PDA

View Full Version : Is the UB version of LW ready?

old fashioned d
04-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Sorry, I have been out of the loop and was curious as to if/when it will be available. I'm getting my 8 core monster MacPro next week : )

thanks for any insight!

BazC
04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Congrats! The universal binary is in public beta at the moment.

kfinla
04-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Will the PPC version of 9.2 come out with the windows release in the next week or so? or will mac users across the board have to wait for the UB to upgrade to 9.2?

BazC
04-21-2007, 09:05 AM
I think the PPC version will be released with the Windows version, the UB much later. Of course I'm not speaking for Newtek though! :D

surfingmarmot
04-24-2007, 05:15 PM
I saw Jay Roth post that in this forum on the 21st and I quote:

"The UB version will not be included in this release of 9.2, just the CFM version. The UB version needs more testing, and will reflect the current LightWave codebase at the time of its release. That said, we are not too far away from a release, but it will get its own day in the sun..."

I've been trying the Universal Binary Beta for a bit and it seems fairly stable however it displays a few memory leaks I think--not unusual for an application at this stage of development. If you leave it up overnight like I did last night (oops), it becomes a nonresponsive zombie. Just use the Activity Monitor to kill it or the shell to 'kill -9" its PID. No worries.

Phil
04-25-2007, 12:35 AM
surfingmarmot : Any comments about the UB version should be posted in the OB areas. The NDA remains in full effect for UB LW.

kfinla
04-25-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm looking forward to participating in this open beta paradigm Newtek has started.. as someone whos been involved with several beta's it will be nice to have input into a software i've been using for 7? years now..

surfingmarmot
04-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Phil said: "surfingmarmot : Any comments about the UB version should be posted in the OB areas. The NDA remains in full effect for UB LW."

According to NewTek Technical SUpport. The Lightwave 9.2 Discussions *IS* the Beta area. I specifically mailed them and told them they ought to lable it with the term beta so people don't get confused. (9.2 is not shipping so any 9.2 forum is a *Beta* NDA forum by the way).

If you'd taken the time check that the post I reproduced was actually in this very forum by none other than Jay Roth, a NewTek Excutive who I quoted, you'd figure that out.

Go to the follwing link and read post #9:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67314

Apology accepted in advance.

BazC
04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Phil was referring to your comments about the UB beta not your quote from Jay Roth. Phil is quite correct, any discussion of the UB version should be confined to the private beta forums. I'd be interested to hear exactly what Technical Support said because this forum certainly isn't in the beta area!

surfingmarmot
04-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Sorry, Phil. I misunderstood what you meant. I am the one who apologizes. :)

As for the tech support comment, it seems I got misinformation the first time or I misunderstood it even though I tried to clarify. That has now been corrected and I see I was not in the Beta Forum when I mentioned the Beta. My mistake. It will not occur again. :eek: