PDA

View Full Version : My polys just disappear without warning.

ajaxrobinson
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
I am using the Lightwave 9 30 day trial, a day of which has already been flushed down the toilet because the polys I create just disappear without warning.

I'm making a car bonnet from points, then joining the points etc. Then everything I have created just disappears. I've tried undoing but that doesn't work. It just shows me highlights where points were.

The model can disappear without me even touching the tablet or keyboard.

Anyone else had this issue? is there a solution?

Surrealist.
04-19-2007, 12:14 PM
I would need more detailed steps. Exactly what tools are you using how. From what you are describing it sounds a little like you are doing something to hide parts of the object without knowing it. Then when you hit undo it will undo your last operation and with something hidden showing just the points is often the case after you effect those areas of the model that are hidden.

When they disappear try hitting the \ key. That's unhide.

RudySchneider
04-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Or, if you're creating polygon faces by joining points, the face may be "flipped," since faces are typically only single-sided (BTW, the order in which you select points determines which diection the normal of the new face points). If that's the case, you have to make certain your new face(s) are selected, change to polygon mode, and press the "f" (for flip) hotkey.

ajaxrobinson
04-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Hello

thanks for your suggestions. seems that lightwave 9 has compatability issues with Intuos3 Wacom Tablets. I am using a mouse now (which I find a bit tedious) but the disappearing stopped as soon as I switched.

bloontz
04-20-2007, 07:07 AM
I use an intuos 2 regularly without any problems, do you have Tablet mode selected in the display properties, interface tab?