PDA

View Full Version : particle interaction

stav_13
04-18-2007, 11:31 AM
i have particles pouring into a bowl and have particle interaction enable in the properties and when i hit calculate they build up in the bowl bouncing off each other then fill it up and spill over the sides, yet when i render the scene it acts like particle interaction is turned off? can some one please point me in the correct direction please.

Nick

fgreen
04-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Not exactly sure what you mean, but if the motion is dissappearing, try this. First thing after calculating try saving the motion to a file in the Dynamics file tab (make sure you are saving the motion itself and not just the particle settings). Make sure the path and motion file name is visible in the PFX Filename field in the same tab. If not use the Load Motion button to select the file. Be sure to save the scene before rendering. With the motion file rendered you should see your particles moving during scrubbing or previewing.

If the particles are moving during preview and scrubbing the timeline then maybe you need to assign HVs, as particles won't render by themselves. In Windows / Volumetric and fog options. Add Volumetric Hypervoxels. Doubleclick to open the HV panel. Select your particles and create a liquid surface (or assign a preset). If I didn't forget a step your particles should now be visible in your render.

If this doesn't work post your scene and we can take a look.

stav_13
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
thanks so much, saving the motion worked a treat :bowdown:

Stav