PDA

View Full Version : hi

brender
04-17-2007, 04:49 PM
hi this is my first post here and i am a complete noob to lightwave but not to 3d modeling,but i was wondering can you extrude points or can you only extrude polygons and how if you can?

brender
04-17-2007, 04:59 PM
never mind i got it but ,i have another question how do you fill in a empty space to make a polygon there?thanks

brender
04-17-2007, 05:17 PM
ok so i found out how to do that but this one i can't figure out how do you add subsurf to your mesh

Silkrooster
04-17-2007, 05:17 PM
For an existing object, select the points where the poly should be and press the lowercase p for create polygon.
If there is no object, any of the following will work
1) you can use the box tool
2) you can create it with splines
3) you can use the points tool, right click where you what the points and then hit lowercase p
4) several otherways I didn't think of at the moment, lol.
Silk

lilrayray77
04-17-2007, 08:47 PM
ok so i found out how to do that but this one i can't figure out how do you add subsurf to your mesh

[tab] key perhaps. It is said often, but the manual is a great resource for these types of questions. Anyway, have fun waving :thumbsup:

Sarford
04-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Maybe you mean SSS?

Select your object in layout
Go to the surface window (F5)
On the basic tab make sure that nodes is checked (right from Edit Nodes button)
Click on the Edit nodes button
In the nodes window select Omega or Kappa from the Add Nodes > Shading > Subsurface Scattering >
Attatch the color output from the node to the diffuse shading of the Surface node
Adjust the node to your liking
Exit the Edit Nodes window
Exit the surface window
Hit F9...