PDA

View Full Version : Orient Constrain and baking...

Cageman
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi.

I've noticed that keyframed Weights doesn't get into the resulting motion when baking. IE. create two nulls, orientconstrain one of them to the other. Animate the one not constrained (the source) in the rotational channels. The other will follow. However, edit the constraint and add some envelopes to the weight (keyframe how much the constrained object will follow).

Apply motionbaker on the constrained object and bake... you will get a result that doesn't match your keyframed weight.

Is there a way around this problem or do I have to live with it or find a workaround?

Cageman
04-17-2007, 11:20 PM
I've provided a simple scene (a null with two bones). The green bone is the original motion, the red bone has the SimpleOrientConstrain motionmodifier attached to it, following the green bone but with weighted constrain. Select the red bone and bring it into Graph Editor and you will see three additional curves showing the constrainweights. The problem: I want to bake the motion to the read bone... How can I do that?

Cageman
04-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Interresting...

LW8.5 and LW9.0 has different results baking OrientConstrain. I also tried LW9.2 RC2 but it wasn't any different to LW9.0.

I also discovered that if I take the weightvalue and divide it with 2 (60% becomes 30%) and bake in LW9.0 or LW9.2 RC I almost get the same result as the original Constraint.