PDA

View Full Version : How do you export from Lightwave to illustrator

betacam
04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone could share how they get an image out of lightwave as an eps or ai file.

I know swift can do this, but, does anyone do it in any other way?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

bloontz
04-17-2007, 01:17 PM
You can export natively using the Export Encapsulated Postscript option on the File/Export menu. Depending on what you want to do that may work for you.

betacam
04-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks bloontz.

I can only seem to get a "schematic" looking export using the [export/Encapsulated Postscript] in modeler. I don't see that feature in layout. Is this feature in layout do I can export the camera view as an eps?

Thanks again, much appreciated.

bloontz
04-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I think it's just a modeler option, sounds like what you want will probably need something like swift. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

Maxx
04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, export Encapsulated PostScript is only a modeler option - LW does not render vectors, unfortunately. Swift is the plug-in you need for this, though I think there may be a couple others floating around somewhere (flicker maybe?).

Sarford
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Swift is the thing for this.
If it's not more then a few pics then I can do this for you. Just set everything up and pass me the stuf and I'll render it to eps for you.

Ztreem
04-19-2007, 05:48 AM
It's a shame that the EPS exporter in modeler can't export the perspective view it would be so much more useful that way. It would also be good if it could export curves and not only polylines.