PDA

View Full Version : AviSynth anyone?

Dragon Lee
04-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Often I've used AviSynth as a frameserver to/from vdub etc. for difficult files and conversions...

Seems a very handy thing to add in SpeedEdit, it adds support for countless filters and scripting capabilities.

Might even solve some issues with the various import formats where one can force decoding through certain avisynth splitters, instead of having SpeedEdit figure it out.

Its an open format, so I do not see enormous difficulties adding it to SpeedEdit, but I might be wrong there.

Dragon Lee
04-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Hah, what nonsense I was speaking there...

It seems .avs script files are supported, I just have run into a bug between SpeedEdit and the file splitter needed to split the audio out of the avi files...which results in slowwwwww performance (SE locks up for 5 seconds alone to read the generated icon), and no audio from avi files in the output :(
(the problem also occurs with the regular avi files and not in other editing apps, so its not avisynth related)

I'll await the update before sinking too much time in it now, since my current projects all are setup for this kind of processing.

ScorpioProd
04-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Another frameserver to consider is the Debug FrameServer plug-in that currently works with a number of NLEs, and can feed projects directly to TMPGEnc or other applications.

It would be great if SpeedEDIT could use it, too.