PDA

View Full Version : Convert/Output to MPEG2 Elementary Streams...

Dragon Lee
04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
This is something I was expecting to find in SpeedEdit...

Instead of just a program stream with audio packed in as it is now, a way to output MPEG2 Elementary streams (for DVD), easier to use those files in various DVD Authoring packages.

Saves time of having to demultiplex the files again in the other software packages.

tmon
09-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I did a search on this and found this lone post. I am wondering whether future versions of VT5 might allow us to do this. In addition, AC3 with MPEG2 Elementary stream.

This would also help our shop immensly as we try to make our digital file delivery workflow more efficient.

mvansomeren
09-03-2008, 07:22 PM
This topic was covered just last week:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88040

billmi
09-04-2008, 07:04 AM
This is something I was expecting to find in SpeedEdit...

Instead of just a program stream with audio packed in as it is now, a way to output MPEG2 Elementary streams (for DVD), easier to use those files in various DVD Authoring packages.

Saves time of having to demultiplex the files again in the other software packages.

It's there.

The default configuration for MPEG2 has audio turned on, but you aren't forced to use the default configuration.

Dig into the manual on customizing render options. You can create your own render presets just as you like. Create one for the MPEG2 video only stream you want, and one for the audio stream you want, and you can even render them at the same time.

ScorpioProd
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
In addition, AC3 with MPEG2 Elementary stream.

Not unless they charge a lot more to license a Dolby Digital encoder.