PDA

View Full Version : ...how is the character animation in 9.2 ?...

Boo!
04-17-2007, 06:03 AM
...Hi

Im still on LW 7.5 (Mac OSX) but im REALLY curious about the character animation tools in LW 9.2 and how mush of an improvement over previous versions of LW.

Does LW 9.2 allow you to play around with this and how have people found it...?

I will be upgrading as soon as LW 9.2 goes live but its really all about the character animations that will decide if i stay with LW which i really love!:thumbsup:

any help would be soooooooooooooooo grateful. thanks

"this is football like its never been told. be prepared, you will wish you never knew"
www.worldrulex.com

Amurrell
04-17-2007, 09:07 AM
As far as CA is concerned, there is no change at this time. IK booster was added back in the 8.x cycle, so that would be new for you, but that's about it. It was noted that CA and Modeler tools were to be worked on next in the 9.x cycle as these are important areas to be worked on, but other issues had to be resolved first in order to do so, so stick around for a bit longer and you might just be surprised.

The big selling point right now for 9.2 is the new, faster rendering engine (which is beautiful) materials, OpenGL performance and more. But like I said, stay on board for a bit longer and you will see CA improvements, I'm sure. The team that is grinding out the goodies are pretty awesome.

Boo!
04-17-2007, 03:35 PM
...thanks dude. im gonna try to hang in their for the character animation tools.

Dirk
04-18-2007, 04:15 AM
We have a thread discussing IK Booster here, if You want to take a look:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66845