PDA

View Full Version : Layout problem - scene reset

BooleanBloke
04-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Hello,

I was trying to render some 3-D text, which should be simple enough, but whenever I click 'render current frame' the camera/light/object reset to the default position.

Does anyone know what's going on? v7.0, btw

Thanks

Tom Wood
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
You have to keyframe *everything* in the scene in place, including the camera and lights, and including at frame 0. Select the camera, move it to where you want it at frame 0, then hit create keyframe to lock it in place. Same with the lights and objects. If they move during a scene, create keyframes at each location for all objects, lights, and the camera.

TW

BooleanBloke
04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I've done complex keyframe animation before and know exactly what you mean. However, there is always a key-frame at 0 by default. If you load an object into Layout and postion the light/camera, you should be able to render straight away. That's how it's always been when I've used it.

You're probably barking up the right tree though - something to do with automatic keyframe change saving being turned off or something like that.

Is there an option to return to return to installation settings in Layout?

Thanks

bloontz
04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Is Auto Key on? if not try that.

Tom Wood
04-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Yeah, what bloontz said. Autokey may have been accidentally turned off, that would expain the change in behavior. In 7.5 and 8.5 it's a box to check near the bottom center of the Layout screen, dunno about earlier versions. I don't like it on because it adds too many keyframes too easily, so I'm in the habit of keyframing everything, including at frame 0.

Tom Wood
04-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Not a box to check, a button to set.