PDA

View Full Version : Selections

Fur!ous
04-15-2007, 04:56 AM
Hello,

I'm new add lightwave and still learning. But I can't find anything about selecting different objects. I'm making a scene for school and have a lot of objects in it, now i want to select some of them (+- 30) but i only find the tool: select by name (were you can click on 'add to selection'). Is there a shortcut or something that can help me?

grtz

meshpig
04-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Don't be furious

In Layout:

M

meshpig
04-15-2007, 05:48 AM
..sorry , as in view:

M

Fur!ous
04-15-2007, 06:00 AM
thx for the quick reply, but thats the tool I already knew. Is this the only tool that can add another object to the selection? or is there an other way (maybe quicker :p). Because I have the same problem in another scene. But there i have 100+ objects who have to be moved/scaled. And with the tool above, I will have to add every object separatly...

grtz

Fur!ous
04-15-2007, 06:24 AM
i think i've found something usefull:p.
If you go to 'Scene editor' and then select 'Classic Scene Editor...' you get a list of all the objects. There you can use the SHIFT or the CTRL key to make a selection.
If this is a selection you use a lot (like mine: a book cupboard, i want the books and the cupboard selected.(189books:p)) you can ad the selection as a favorite.

grtz

meshpig
04-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Good going, I was ready to say go scene edit...

Just depends on what you're up to and how you figure it.

M

Fur!ous
04-15-2007, 06:53 AM
another question :p, if i select my cupboard and all of my books. And I want to scale them, they stay on there own position. (my cupboard comes small but my books stay on there original position) Can I do something so that they stay in my cupboard?

grtz

Fur!ous
04-15-2007, 09:04 AM
i loaded 1 scene into another, but the new one is a lot smaller, and if i want to resize the objects is becomes a total chaos.

grtz

toby
04-16-2007, 07:27 PM
For that you'll need to parent all those objects to one null, then scale the null.

Also a good idea to always, always, model to real-world scale, then everything will fit with everything else.

Fur!ous
04-18-2007, 03:06 AM
and can you explain how I can parent these objects?
i'm still a noob @lightwave...

grtz

ps, thx for reply.

Nigel Baker
04-18-2007, 05:48 AM
This will be in the properties panels for the individual item.
Select Parent and select the NULL you made in the scene to parent everything to it.

Keep at it :)

Nigel Baker
04-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Apologies, wires crossed.

Use the Scene Editor.
Select the items name on the right hand side and drop them over the Null's Name.
They will nest inside the Null.

Dodgy
04-18-2007, 06:11 AM
Alternatively, go to the Scene Editor and ctrl/shift select the children items, and drag them onto the item you want to be their parent. The Parent In Place toggle in the Options panel will determine whether they move or stay in the same place when you parent them. I usually have this has a toggle visible in my top menus so I know what state it's set to.