PDA

View Full Version : NAB. What are you wanting to see?

ted
04-14-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm packing for my flight Sunday and I'm looking forward to seeing the NewTek gang and users.

I'm hoping to close a few loose ends in the HD lens to delivery process for our company.
What are you guys hoping to see?

Tiger
04-15-2007, 06:28 AM
I`m hoping to see that NT load up a few videoclips that show 9.2 in action.
Have a nice NAB :)

Thiger.

ted
04-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Just got back and saw some great stuff. Did good on the craps table as well. :thumbsup:

NewTek's Tricaster Studio has finally given Virtual Studio capabilities to their users.
The fact that you can do it at a client's facility has moved NewTek past their competitors. The fact that you can do it for less then $10,000 moved it waaaaaay past thier competitors.
I heard dozens of people behind me Monday say how ticked they were for spending so much on their Virtual Set system.

LightWave 9.2 is going to be a smash. And as a FREE upgrade? Nice!

The improvements to SpeedEDIT have made it a far more practical toolset. Being able to finally view the process through your edit facility made me happy and of course P2 support will make me AND a whole bunch of NEW USERS happy!

Panasonic did it again with their 500-2000 and 3000 cameras. The 500 is just like the HVX-200 but on a heavy dose of steroids. 2/3" sensors, shoulder mount, 5 or 6 P2 card slots and all can be had with lens for UNDER $20,000 including the 16 gig P2 cards. Of course I'd add a better lens then B & H is offering at that price.

Saw a great new tool from Anton Bauer, but I gotta wait to get approval to tell you more???

So much more to discuss but have a sudden shoot to take care of.
What did the rest of you think of the show?

Exception
04-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Did they show the 9.2 community video we've been making over on the LW beta forums?

Rich Deustachio
04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Ted was there anything new from Sony regarding HD cameras?

ted
04-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Exception, Not sure what that video was?

Rich, yeh, Sony had a big song and dance about their new tapeless HVX competitor, (forget the model #), scheduled for release by end of 07 for 8 grand they claim. The entire 10 min. presentation was more about the P2 technology being dead.
I thought it was funny coming from a company that has developed, sold and discontinued in a couple years, more products then anyone! :D
I didn't get to see their XDCam 2, but heard the XDCam 1 is being discontinued??? Is that true?

Exception
04-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Exception, Not sure what that video was?

Well, it hasn't been officially released but Nt asked to use it for NAB. It's got 4 second clips of all kinds of stuff, showcasing all the new goodies in 9.2.