PDA

View Full Version : Importing Pz3 Into Lw3d 9?

Roadwarrior
04-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Best solution for Importing Pz3's from P7.... Into LW3D 9

Anyone out there doing this with good success??

GB studios has the plugins....i know

but....havent seen it
working with these 2 later versions of programs

Any Samples of Rendered animations done this way??
Or other techniques to do this importing in LW3D 9

Cheers
Kreature
:jam:

beverins
04-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I too want to try this. Any leads?

The only thing I can think of is PZ3 to BVH (through poser) and then BVH to FBX through motionbuilder and then FBX to Lightwave. Since my job has motionbuilder, its not an issue, but its a real expensive way to go.

Anyone else know how to load in a BVH into Lightwave?

JamesCurtis
04-14-2007, 05:47 PM
LW does have a BVH loader, but the object has to be set up properly with bones [names, bone positions, etc.] for it to work. Never actually tried it myself, but I think there was a sample scene in LW7 or 8 that did.

Silkrooster
04-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Poser can export as an obj file. However you would need Dodgy's mtl plugin for importing the textures into lightwave. The file would then need to be rerigged as well.
Silk

wp_capozzi
04-14-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm looking into this as well in current versions of Lightwave. The other day I exported a single model from Poser 6 and rendered it in LW9.2. I exported to obj and had to reapply the textures in LW. It worked fairly well for a still image.
I have also Poser Pro Pack and the Greenbriar tools. I was able to get Poser 6 animations into Lightwave 9 awhile back, but I haven't tried anything recent with 9.2 yet. I will be trying the animation transfer soon. I don't plan to upgrade to Poser 7 soon, so I'll be experimenting with 6.
One other thought, you may be able to export an object sequence from Poser and use object replacement in Lightwave. I can't think of a reason right off why that won't work, but there may be something keeping it from being a workable solution.
I'll check back when I get a chance to experiment with what I have.

Regards,
Bill C.

JamesCurtis
04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
The only thing about object replacement method is that I'm not sure if motion blur can be used if needed since it would be different objects. As long as its a model swap, memory shouldn't be an issue. If LW needed to load all models it could be a problem. I haven't done any of this before myself, so I don't know for sure how it'd go.

Might try it myself though.

lgolden
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi guys,

Poser to LW is easy, but a little bit painfull... :) Iīve promised to myself donīt post nothing about character animation into this forum (poor Thomas TD4 suffers a lot of criticism for being helpfull to LW community).

but for LW friends I do everything! :D

First, pzrtolw poser 4 plugin works for LW 9. Install everything in the right order and it will work.

Object replacement is worthless, but is a right step!

for flexibility nothing beats producing a MDD file. How? install the SR3 path for exporting LWO2 files and join every animation vertex into a MDD file with mdd_compiler from pointOven (http://www.ef9.com/ef9/PO1.5/Download/PO_MDDCompiler.zip)

itīs free!

Now add the mdd_pointer plugin and load the recentlly created file. A miracle is done! hehehehehe

The mdd_pointer node is much more fun however! it has an envelope control so you can play with timing (acelerating, stoping and even playing backwards!).

Hope I could be helpfull!

From a lightwaver who hates LW character animation tools...

Luis

PS: sorry for my bad english

Ruchir
04-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm thinking of trying the object replacement approach, as follows:

Poser 7 animation to Wavefront Obj sequence export
Obj sequence > Accutrans3d? Batch conversion > LWO2
LWO2 > Scrub replace plugin (see flay.com) > Lightwave Layout

Anyone tried this? Should work, no?

starbase1
04-18-2007, 03:51 AM
I must finish that tutorial I started...

Last time I tried it, Dodgy's routine does not get the transparency right, most noticable on eyelashes. I think it has been updated since I last gave it a go though, and it's not a big deal to fix manually. CR2 Loader gets the texture stuff right first time.

My own method for animation is a bit painful but works, though you have to be careful. I generally export a series of OBJ files, the number you need depends on the rate of change and degree of bending. I then use these as a morph sequence, (single envelope, multiple target) to sweep through. You only need to surface the first object.

I'm trying to think of a way to get poser displacement maps over, and still be able to animate...

Nick

Ruchir
04-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Hi Luis /lgolden,

Tried your MDD-pointer based approach. Problem with this approach is that Poser does not export to lightwave with UV mapping. If there is a workaround I'd be glad to know, as otherwise it does seem faster than object replacement.

Cheers.

Roadwarrior
04-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Think getting GBStudios plugins are the go.

Just got to find out whether the cr2 editor can import v4 & m3 ok
from DM But hes not responding via email latley???

Roadwarrior

Ruchir
04-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Sorry, just discovered that the MDD pointer approach just might work if using the uvinfector plugin which copies uv data from one model to another. This way, Poser can export the LWO2 sequence and export the first frame as wavefront obj. Then in Lightwave modeller use uvinfector to copy the uv data from the imported obj to the first frame object of the imported LWO2.

I'll try this later, assuming uvinfector is a free to download plugin.

lgolden
04-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Ruchir,

You really dont need to copy the UV from an .OBJ file from a .LWO.

Just loads the .OBJ file in Modeler and apply the surfaces and textures you want and save as an .LWO file.

Load this file in Layout and use the MDD_pointer plugin to load the .mdd created with mdd_compiler. it will work fine, because you really dont need the UV info to create the .mdd and the vertices order will be the same for any given .OBJ and .LWO created from the Poserīs models.

Iīm glad I could help you!

Luis

PS: Do some tests with mdd_pointer_node! Itīs fun!!!

Roadwarrior
04-26-2007, 05:31 PM
lgolden thats sounds like a good approach to tackle the problem.

THx:thumbsup:

I'll give it a go :jam:
The mdd scan in the tutorials is good for creating armies too.