PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer deleting Morphs in Lightwave 9.0

manproof
04-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, but I apologize if this has already been addressed.

In Layout I have created a Motion Mixer actor. That actor has a single object, and that object's only morph in its actor list. I have an animation of the object translating on the Z-axis and performing its morph from 0% to 100%. When I create a new motion, I have Actor Items selected and Clear Channels checked.

Motion Mixer deletes all key frames from the main time line, but grabs only the translation and not the morph.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something stupid? ...or both?

-Adam

Wonderpup
04-15-2007, 11:50 AM
I think you need to add the morph by adding X channels to the actor- I don't think MM automaticly detects morphs.

manproof
04-16-2007, 07:40 AM
The morph is already listed as a member of the actor in the actor map. When I create the motion, "Actor Items" is selected, so it should grab any keyframe data from any item in the actor list. In LW 8.5 it does grab the morph data; in LW 9.0 it does not. Has anyone else seen this problem?

-Adam

manproof
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I am also wondering if this problem exists in LW 9.2. If any of you beta testers could check this out, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

-Adam

Adrian Lopez
04-18-2007, 11:47 PM
That sucks. I was thinking of upgrading to Lightwave 9.0, but recent bug reports concern me. With Lightwave not loading plugins (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65500) on "load from scene", Smooth Shift messing up (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54771) weights on CC meshes, and now this, I am no longer considering the move to 9.0.

Hopefully this will change for 9.2, but my confidence in NT is wavering.

manproof
04-19-2007, 12:20 PM
If the morphs do not work properly in 9.2ís motion mixer, we simply canít use it at work. This has been posted in the 9.2 forum, but I havenít heard whether or not any of the beta testers have seen this pop up. Hopefully someone will check this out.

Zach
05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm getting this problem too. It doesn't work in 9 or 9.2.

I just tested it in 8.5, and it works fine.

This is a pretty big oversight, and I don't even know how it has persisted for so long. How old is 9 now?