PDA

View Full Version : VT4 & speed edit

marjopar
04-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Hi, I have just received Speed Edit. Maybe I was wrong but I always thought that I could use Speed Edit with the VT card instead of using VT edit. However it does not seem to work with the toaster at all. It relies on the computer.
Am I wrong about this? If so, what can I do to make it work with the VT? That is precisely what I wanted Speed edit for, to use it instead of VT edit.:vticon:

billmi
04-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Speed Edit is a standalone program, that does not make use of the VT hardware. If can provide realtime preview output either on the computer's screen, through a firewire (to a camera or deck that outputs to a monitor) or both.

VT[5] which is not shipping yet, will include a version of Speed Edit as its editor module (replacing VTEdit) and that will utilize the VT hardware.

John Perkins
04-22-2007, 02:08 PM
We just announced a free update to SE that includes a plugin for output through the VT card.

This will be available very soon.

Lightwolf
04-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi John,

We just announced a free update to SE that includes a plugin for output through the VT card.

Allright then, this triggered my interest. Plugin you say? Where there is a plugin there surely must be an SDK, right?
Where there is a plugin and an SDK for video out, there surely must be a way to interface other video boards. Sounds good to me.

Cheers,
Mike