PDA

View Full Version : spline Guide tool and 2 layers in Texture mode

Johnny
04-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm gettin' busy witih the spline guide tool on a shape that's on one layer, but visually nestled inside of another shape on another layer.

it would be REALLY handy if I could have both layers in texture mode, and just spline guide on one of them, and I tried highlghting all polys on the shape I'm modding, swithing to Points mode, selecting both layers in texture, then going back to poly mode (so my shape to be distorted is now highlighted).

but spline guide wants nothin to do with my plans. I can get the control handles to show up, but they do nothing!

Is this the way it is, or is there another trick to get me the kind of visual, as-I-work feedback?

thank you!

J

Silkrooster
04-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Sounds like you are trying to get one object to conform to the other object. Lets say the object that is already in the correct shape is in the background while the other object with spline guide is in the foreground.
In the background layer select some point of the object and create a spline.
In the foreground layer set the spline guide to conform to background spline.
Your foreground object should now be the same shape as your background object, note that the number of points you selected can make or break how well the spline guide works.
Silk

Surrealist.
04-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Yeah that's a good point too.

Double Threads. :)