PDA

View Full Version : Camera render problem

rc2732
04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I brought an object into layout and moved my liight and camer from their default position and then rendered the frame, my render is only from the default position, not where I moved my camera to. After I render the light and camera will move back to their original positions. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

RudySchneider
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
You already posted this on another thread, but I suppose I can respond again, too.

Once you change ANYTHING --- position, orientation, size --- from its original position within Layout, you need to let Layout "know" your intentions by generating a "key" for that frame, which defines the new information. Even if it's only one frame (still render) that you're after. Otherwise, as you've found, Layout will reset things to their original condition.

You can use the Autokey feature, which will allow you to change anything and everything without having to manually create a key.

BTW, you might want to invest some time in reading the manual and/or doing some tutorials. Dan Ablan's "Inside LightWave..." books are also one of many great learning resources...