PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

rc2732
04-11-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't know what I did, but when I try to render a scene in layout, even just a still frame, the camera and lights will constantly reset themselves back to their original position. I can't get it to quit doing this. I can reload older scenes that I have done and move the lights and cameras around in them, and then re-render and they stay put. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RudySchneider
04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Once you change ANYTHING --- position, orientation, size --- from its original position within Layout, you need to let Layout "know" your intentions by generating a "key" for that frame, which defines the new information. Even if it's only one frame (still render) that you're after. Otherwise, as you've found, Layout will reset things to their original condition.

You can use the Autokey feature, which will allow you to change anything and everything without having to manually create a key.

BTW, you might want to invest some time in reading the manual and/or doing some tutorials. Dan Ablan's "Inside LightWave..." books are also one of many great learning resources...

THREEL
04-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Also, to add on to what Rudy told you, make sure you are on the right frame that you want the camera or light to move.

I've had instances where I had created a scene of an object or character moving through the scene, when I decided, oh, the light or camera would be better situated in another location. Then, when I went to play the scene, the camera or light was moving when I wanted it to be stationary. It was then that I realized that I had moved them in a different frame besides 0.

If you have the Autokey turned on, it'll automatically make a key frame at the frame you are on. So, you'll have a key frame at 0 and the other frame you were on.

BTW--I see you're from Mansfield, OH. I'm just about 1.5 to 2 hours northwest of you in Bryan, OH. Ever here of it? The last time I was in Mansfield was when I was in my teens or early 20's. My parents and I visited a stately manner with luscious gardens, I cannot remember the name of it, and a place called Malabar Farms where, I believe, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall were married and lived for a while.

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.