PDA

View Full Version : Morph mixer curves update in real time, move scale or rot8 do not..?

stib
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
If I'm a-tweakin' keyframes inthe graph editor, I can't see the results of my tweakage without forcing the viewports to refresh, usually by nudging forward and backward a frame. This is very annoying for doing fine work, as you can't get real-time feedback for your adjustments.

Strange and annoying thing about LightWave no.9185542 is that if I adjust Morph mixer keyframes, the changes happen instantly without any need for refresh. Surely Morph mixer takes more computing power than plain old move, scale or rotate?

Dodgy
04-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Do you have 'Lazy Layout Update' on in the display options of the graph editor?

stib
04-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Ah thank you Dodgy. Now why would instant update be "lazy". I would have thought it would be lazy if it only updated when you kicked it into action. That's totally arse-about if you ask me. Now if only i could get Layout to stop crashing every time I quit so that the setting sticks...

Dodgy
04-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Well mine updates *** you drag with Lazy set to off. Otherwise it waits till I let go to update the viewport. Is yours doing it the other way round?