PDA

View Full Version : Zoic on 'Drive'; and talks about LW too!

JeffrySG
04-11-2007, 04:14 PM
This is a good podcast from fxguide.

Interview with Zoic on their effects work on the new TV show 'Drive'. LW is talked about during the podcast as well, when they review their software/workflow.

http://www.fxguide.com/article415.html

cheers!
Jeff

Anti-Distinctly
04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I heard that the other day. Had a few nice words to say about LW's new renderer. Saying something along the lines of LW's renderer can now compete with MR...and another was quoted. Cant recall which.

JeffrySG
04-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I heard that the other day. Had a few nice words to say about LW's new renderer. Saying something along the lines of LW's renderer can now compete with MR...and another was quoted. Cant recall which.
...yeah... they:

port over to LW 9... it's perfect for the heavy metal that we're doing...incredibly photorealistic LW renders... it's all of a sudden pushed that (LW) renderer into heavy competition with mental ray and renderman...with great motion blur...

they start talking about the 3d workflow around 22:45...

Andyjaggy
04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah. Can't get enough of that sweet Lightwave action. Lalalalalala. Sweet Lightwave action. Okay it's late I'm going to bed.

Signal to Noise
04-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I haven't listened to the podcast yet but the written part is terrible. Whoever wrote it needs to use a spellchecker and there's loads of grammatical errors. Makes it seem unprofessional. Was this a translated piece or what?

JeffrySG
04-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I haven't listened to the podcast yet but the written part is terrible. Whoever wrote it needs to use a spellchecker and there's loads of grammatical errors. Makes it seem unprofessional. Was this a translated piece or what?
I don't know who wrote it, I think the guys who run the site are from the States, UK, and Australia, so, they should be ok with English! lol

Don't let that keep you from listening to the podcast. Personally I listen to every new one they have and really enjoy them all.

Anti-Distinctly
04-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Every Friday I listen to them. Makes getting stuck in traffic on the M25 every time slightly more bareable.