PDA

View Full Version : What Am I Doing Wrong?

codyburke610
04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
I am doing one of the tutorials that came with LW9. It is under the KURV folder and the name of it is called " Layout Relativity Pt. 2". Larry Shultz is showing you how to use a morph effector from a null and when you drag it towards a box the box will start shaping into a sphere from where ver you move the null. But when I drag my null towards the box it doesn't do anything. Maybe someone can help me out? here are the exact steps I took"

1. Made a 2m box in Modeler and subdivided it a few times, and subpatched it. I hit the "M" in the bottom right hand corner selected "base from the pull down menu to show that the box is the base object.

2. Then I selected "new" and called the Endomorph spherized. Then I went into the transform area and clicked on "spherized" from the pull-down menu. The box then transformed into a sphere.

3. Then I put the box into layout and set the subdivison order to "last". After that I added a null, and named it morph_effector. Then I put a displacement on the box called "relativity morph".

4. I opened up the Relativity Morph, and the current object was the box. I choose Dr. Morpho for a professor, and set the morph target to ENDO: Spherized. The type of morph as effector. And the actually effector I set as the null (morph_effector).

I set the null on the right hand side of the box, but then once I drag the null towards it the box doesnt do anything. The null just goes staright through it. Is there something I am doing wrong? Larry didn't show you how to set up morphs in Modeler so maybe I did something wrong there, but I thought I did it right. Can someone help me out?
-cody-

SplineGod
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
This isnt a problem with the endomorphs.
Its a bug apparently with relativity or LW. Try removing and readding relativity morph.

codyburke610
04-11-2007, 08:04 AM
How can I do that? Should I just go into where all the plug-ins are and delete it from there and then put it back on?
-cody-