PDA

View Full Version : Plugin dev. with XCode?

bamboy
04-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Hello,
I have been writing fairly complicated utility LSs for my self over the past few years and would like to get into plug in programming. Although I have PCs, I'd like to focus on Mac plugin development (so few available!). I read that XCode couldn't be used until Lightwave for Mac would accept UB plugs. Since 9.2 beta is UB I was thinking this might be a good time to start. Is anyone doing this? Care to share any advice or instructions to get started with? I'd appreciate any info I could get.
Thanks,
Bamboy

jeremyhardin
04-10-2007, 09:22 AM
I believe the OB SDK might have further Xcode info than is publicly available. You might should check out the OB for more info.

Pomfried
04-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Actually the beta SDK is publically available on the developers page of LW:
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/developers.php
:)

bamboy
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Ah. Found it! I'll start digging in. Thanks guys.

jeremyhardin
04-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Actually the beta SDK is publically available on the developers page of LW:
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/developers.php
:)

Actually, you're right...but there's more data in the forums than is available there, and those docs aren't always up to date. :D

Pomfried
04-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah that's right and also if there are questions concerning the beta SDK you will most likely get more help in the OB forums :D

dglidden
04-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I just spent a few hours getting Kevin MacPhail's "ODEfl" dynamics plugin compiled with Xcode for the UB. I posted some "work in progress" notes in the OB development forum. Building plugins with Xcode is pretty straightforward but I hit a couple of annoying little roadblocks with universal library compatibility (using a third party library and having to figure out how to build it universal) and the annoying way Xcode handles dynamic libraries.

Please do dig in and get familiar, it's one more person I can ask questions next time I get stuck. :)