PDA

View Full Version : FX Linker unstable!!! Help!!!

husse
04-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi everyone.
I have set up an HV emitter and trying to use FX Linker to change the particles to use an objekt instead.
When i tell FX Linker to use my object i copies the object and everything but in layout the only thing that i can see is the same particles produced by the emitter and the emitter is moving around like crazy, just like FX Linker has used the emitter as source, still in the layout object list i can see all my copied objects.
Sometimes when i restart LW the whole procedure works but sometimes not. Quite annoying to say the least...
Anyone come across this "bug"?

Husse

Dodgy
04-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Seems to work for me. Have you tried Dynamic Linker?

husse
04-10-2007, 03:27 AM
Im running LW 8.5.

Husse

flydls
04-10-2007, 11:26 AM
try this tut on newtek site http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/animation/fx-linker/index.html

husse
04-10-2007, 01:59 PM
That wasnt really the answer i was looking for. I do know how to set it all up but LW is acting all wierd...

Husse

flydls
04-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Layout has been crashing a lot for me lately.The security update from microsoft to fix the cursor security problem is known to have caused problems with some other programs.The microsoft knowledge base doesn't list lightwave as one of the programs affected but when I installed the latest update today my problems with layout seemed to get better.You might check updates to see if you have the latest fixes.

husse
04-12-2007, 12:01 AM
I will definetly check i out!

Husse