PDA

View Full Version : Martian Flying Machine (LW > ZB)

bobakabob
04-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Having a fun time this Easter hol doodling about in Lightwave + Zbrush. The aliens were modelled rigged and posed in Lightwave, textured in Zbrush. The UFO was made up of spare parts from Lightwave, Zbrush, Groboto :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/452680502_21242ebe2d_o.jpg

Martian models

LAV
04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Good. I like this kind of dreams (Bosch and Escher are two preferred artists of mine). Your model is attractive.
I'd prefer different texture and surfaces. Less shiny, plastic and clean metal like. I'd love dirt and 'ancient' surfaces. But it is a personal point of view.
Bravo!

bobakabob
04-10-2007, 04:14 AM
Good. I like this kind of dreams (Bosch and Escher are two preferred artists of mine). Your model is attractive.
I'd prefer different texture and surfaces. Less shiny, plastic and clean metal like. I'd love dirt and 'ancient' surfaces. But it is a personal point of view.
Bravo!

LAV,

Thanks, points taken on texturing. Agreed, Bosch and Escher are very inspiring artists. W Heath Robinson is another, I love his crazy inventions. It was a challenge to make alien technology look as otherworldly as possible. Modelling tools in Lightwave and Zbrush really allow you to build surreal creations. :)

LAV
04-10-2007, 07:02 AM
LAV,

Thanks, points taken on texturing. Agreed, Bosch and Escher are very inspiring artists. W Heath Robinson is another, I love his crazy inventions. It was a challenge to make alien technology look as otherworldly as possible. Modelling tools in Lightwave and Zbrush really allow you to build surreal creations. :)

I didn't know Robinson. I surfed alot and I remembered I saw his pictures in a couple books of mine. A very good artist, indeed. Humorous.
I am not a skilled modeler, just an honest materials maker (texture, surface and so on) and I can't easily understand how did you do your crazy machine. :beerchug: