PDA

View Full Version : Request: Change Project Settings

Chrusion
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Need the ability to change Project Settings at any time during editing. That is, once a preset (or custom) project setting is selected at the initial start of a new project, let's have the option to change it to another preset or custom setting.

The current workflow impeding method is to open a 2nd instance of SE, select all clips/timeline in the first instance, copy, then paste in the 2nd instance.

Silkrooster
04-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I would like this as well. I noticed a big difference in the preview window when using a different project setting to start out than using the correct one in the first place. This seams to contradict the ability to use any media during editing. Then again I only check the preview window, not the rendered output.
Silk

John Perkins
04-08-2007, 11:48 PM
@Chrusion:
We haven't allowed this because you aren't likely to get the results that you expect.

If you change resolution or aspect ratio, then positioning (for one) is certain to be off. We can't possibly guess whether you are positioning something a certain distance from another object or relative to the screen.

I'm not discounting the request, just giving the reasoning behind the current SpeedEDIT behavior and that of several other editors.

@Silkrooster:
If I'm understanding you correctly, that sounds right.

For example, if you are in an SD project, then the preview shows a much lower resolution than if you are in an HD project.

It's trying to give a realistic representation of what will be rendered. For best results, always work in a project that is the highest resolution that you plan to use.

"My posting to this thread does NOT mean that this feature will or will not be added."