PDA

View Full Version : nurbs import

titane357
04-07-2007, 06:29 AM
I'd like to see one day in LW ability to import nurbs (from rhino for eg or iges,...) and then JUST convert to mesh in LW !
It would be a dream so we can import big model and convert to mesh with full controls inside LW !
Full nurbs tools in LW could be a plus.... :D

Sensei
04-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Are you aware of EasySpline?
http://modelingpack.trueart.eu

Dodgy
04-07-2007, 10:04 AM
How about adding a nurbs loader to easyspline's functionality?

Sensei
04-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Maybe in future.. In the near time EasySpline will be recompiled in modern compiler and SSE or SSE2 and it will be made internally multi-threaded and using KD-tree or octree to speed-up several the most useful tools like Spline Point & Freeze Spline. This can speed up tool hundered times, we will see soon how much faster it will be working.. TrueHair volumetric was 6500 times speed-uped this way since the start of volumetric renderer..

AbnRanger
04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Speaking of True Hair...how is its development coming along?

Ztreem
04-08-2007, 04:58 AM
I'd like to see one day in LW ability to import nurbs (from rhino for eg or iges,...) and then JUST convert to mesh in LW !
It would be a dream so we can import big model and convert to mesh with full controls inside LW !
Full nurbs tools in LW could be a plus.... :D

:agree: I'm with you even if we are the only ones on this forum, seems like alot of people don't care about NURBS. I don't think they have ever used it to know the plesaure of modeling with NURBS. And I'm NOT talking about organic character modeling now.
I would love to able to load a NURBS model in for example IGES format and just start animate and render it without convert it to millions of polys. Every other major package out there can do this. :thumbsdow

stib
04-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Hey, while you're here, can I make a request of the TrueArt people? I'm nearly convinced that some of your plugins would be a good investment, but all your tutorial vids seem to be mute, at least on my machine, so I have to kind of guess what's going on. Can we get a voice over happening?

Sorry for the OT post..

Sensei
04-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Unfortunately vids made by me are without voice (you would not understand me anyway, because I am not English native speaker).. Except the one made by Proton like EasySplit and VirtualMirror vids.. http://www2.trueart.pl/Products/Plug-Ins/EasySplit/Graphics/Movies/EasySplit_2.mov
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/Vmirror.mov
These are from older versions and most of stuff mentioned there was already fixed, therefor check newer vids (f.e. EasySplit v1.5+ never leaves gaps as on Proton video)..