PDA

View Full Version : Need this asset management plugin

tajino
04-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Calling all 3rd party developers, anyone interested in creating this asset management/object browser plugin, please send me a PM. We'll then discuss the details as well as the development cost.

Thanks a lot.

The thumbnails are pre-generated, so the plugin just need to read the .jpg or .tga matching the .lwo.

When an item/items are added the related .lwo and images will be copied into the current LW content directory, and load the objects into the current scene.

Jure
04-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Yes that would be an awsome plugin! Would make populating scenes a breeze...

Sensei
04-07-2007, 06:48 AM
There is only one object library browser for LightWave - TrueLoad in TrueArt's Modeling Pack:
http://modelingpack.trueart.eu

Example video of this tool in action:
http://www2.trueart.pl/Products/Plug-Ins/TrueLoad/Graphics/Movies/TrueLoad_2.mov

It can be used in both Modeler & Layout..
Layout version can load scenes, objects and layers..
It can display scenes, objects, layers, surfaces and parts alone. You can select what you want to see in tree and details in info area. You can make double sided preview and switch preview mode to any LightWave has like Wireframe, Hidden Lines etc.
It does not generate thumbnails nor require you to make them first prior using tool, but load LWO instantly much faster than LightWave, and display animated rotated OpenGL preview. Of course you can switch on/off animation by pressing space or in settings page, or define speed of rotation. If object is hi poly model rotation speed is preserved. With or without animation you can navigate in object using sliders that rotate in two axes and zoom in/off preview. Preview is automatically fitted to object size.

jeremyhardin
04-07-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm thinking of setting up something like that in Lscript. It'd have limited functionality, but it'd be alright I think. If I followed through with it, it'd load items from scene, so the items to be loaded could be cameras, lights, nulls and objects. Who knows.

Here's a similar thing I've done for object surfaces and the Preset Standard project:
http://jezza.lwidof.net/cgtalk/ps_panel/ps_panel001.html

tajino
04-08-2007, 02:50 AM
hi jeremy, i did some tests with lscript master panel, found out that ctlviewport() could be used as the thumbs scrolling part, with drawglyph() to show the thumbs, just do not know how to make those glyph thumbs clickable, got to check out MouseObjectAgent.

Another thing needs to find out is how to parse an lwo binary, and list all the needed images, could look for ..\images\.. in the binary. I haven't done this before so it's tough for me.

It would really be helpful if someone experience would undertake this task.

tajino
04-08-2007, 02:51 AM
jeremy, i can't see the link to the interface.

jeremyhardin
04-08-2007, 04:12 AM
that link requires flash, so that might be why you can't see it, but it's working for me.

tajino
04-08-2007, 05:00 AM
see it now. :)

it has most of the stuff i need for this plugin in there...

gaushell
04-08-2007, 02:08 PM
For what it is worth, we have been working on a similar plugin which actually has more features planned. Will try to keep people posted as things progress.

tajino
04-09-2007, 05:47 AM
sounds great! can you post a screenshot please.