PDA

View Full Version : FOLK ART: Marvelous Metal Movie Monsters

DonJMyers
04-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I was walking down the Venice boardwalk wondering why they call it a boardwalk when it is obviously concrete. Then I stopped at a store named TITANIC at 405 Ocean Front Walk, 90291. They had the most adorable metal artworks of movie monsters, robots and bodybuilders. Each one is posed differently and some have posable or removable parts and weapons. James Cameron would love the Alien Queen. His office is in Venice someplace nearby.

Fortunately you don't have to be a movie mogul to afford them. The small ones are only $90 and the largest most expense ones are still under $400 which is cheap for this kind of artwork. I bought an Alien and a Star Wars Stormtrooper. Best thing is they are so sturdy! And if they get dusty just hose 'em off. They may look even better rusty!

For more on these sculptures call TITANIC at (310) 392-9254. They don't have a web page.

mattclary
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
They don't have a web page.

OMG! Do they not realize how wealthy they could become?

Someone should offer to do a page for them for 5% of the take, lifetime contract.

$$$$$$$$!

ghostlight
04-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Those things are sort of everywhere. I wonder who makes them and how unique they are? They're certainly cool, though. I saw and liked the predator and alien ones.