PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Read Lightwave Object in Vue 5 Infinite HELP!

Aaron_Price
04-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Ok I have just finished the building of my first full model my own house which I have to say when I was building it I surprised myself how it came out.

Anyways I need to take the object into Vue 5 Infinite to add some plants plus I like the surface interface in Vue and the sky and light settings in the software.

Anyways I went to import the lightwave object into Vue 5 the bar loaded up and then a message box came up with error unable to read file. The strange thing is with simplier models I can import no problems I wonder if it is something in the house model that Vue 5 Infinite doesn't support or like...

Anyways I am still pretty new and haven't touched a lot of the tools yet but wondering if any of you could take a look at my model I have Zipped it up as a Scene file in Layout. If anyone knows how to fix the problem or what might be causing the problem please let me know. I have also done a quick render without textures to show you the house. It was done in Lightwave 9.2

Many thanks.... :)

nthused
04-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Aaron,

LightWave 9.2, I believe, has change the model and scene files, and are no longer downward compatible. Save the object as a 6.x from 9.2 and try to import into Vue.

Aaron_Price
04-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Aaron,

LightWave 9.2, I believe, has change the model and scene files, and are no longer downward compatible. Save the object as a 6.x from 9.2 and try to import into Vue.

Well nthused I just discovered the reason it won't import the object into Vue 5 Infinite. It is the white fence wall that surrounds the house. I still have the fence wall in a seperate file which I created and imported seperately into the House scene later on.

But when I made a new file without the fence wall the whole object imported in Vue 5 Infinite no problem. So its definately the fence wall thats the problem. Unfortunately I am not good enough yet to think of what it could be thats causing the problem. I have uploaded the object fence wall a piece of it so you and others can have a look at it for me and maybe advise me or fix the problem for me.

Many thanks

LightFreeze
04-07-2007, 04:56 AM
you have three layers in that object with basically the same geometry in each one, and unfortunately the geometry is very messy.

Try deleting two of the layers and try that but your best move would be to rebuild the object using a different technique